Sedan Fuel Pump Install How To

• Member For: 12y 1m 25d

I was going to do my fuel pump today,

the car is a bf2 xr6t and the metal ring isn't held down by the 4 screws as it says in the first post.

Its got some sort of twist lock system.

I could not get it to budge today. can anyone tell me how to get it off?

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 8m 30d

Quick update. Took probably 30 mins to install, 20 of which was spent trying to get the fuel line off. In the end it was simple. First I sprayed a little WD40, then just push the plastic connector back and then forward, dont try and push clips in you should be able to see the connector move a little forward. Then I used some needle nose pliers and applied some pressure to the larger side clips and pulled back, presto came straight off.

The new cradle had a different style clip for the fuel gauge sender, didn't matter, just jammed it in and works perfectly. Just to give you an idea of size difference I have added this photo link. The screwdriver is the biggest flat blade I own.

http://s1191.beta.photobucket.com/user/Impellor/media/Walbro%20255lph%20Big%20Pod%20Cradle/FuelPump866.jpg.html#/user/Impellor/media/Walbro%20255lph%20Big%20Pod%20Cradle/FuelPump866.jpg.html?&_suid=13552828247340053492653733534845

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 7d

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 15d

Just did mine today but fitted the 400 LPH Walbro pump inside the standard bucket Because it is that much bigger it was a bit of a mission reshaping the bucket removing all the ribbing around the return pipes for the filter, I then in the end put the standard filter back on the walbro pump with the clips removed. The one that came with the 400 lph pump just wouldnt fit inside the canister. I think if I do it again I will just buy a 400 LPH pump and larger canister, will see how this one performs. (Im watching AFR closely)..

The BF had the bayonet clip in fittings instead of the screws and also just cut the factory wires off at the pump ends and soldered the spade terminals on directly to these wires, grey to +ve black to -ve no problems. , did the 360 loop in the fuel line so plenty of movement there actually better movement now than factory one... the fuel lines strangely enough only had a in and out no line for a carbon canister return,... found those clips easy to undo just light pressure with tiny screwdriver in the end next to the white pipe across three of the sides came awat easy as. and positve clip back on.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Member For: 8y 1m 29d

Hopefully someone can help me.... I found this thread excellent to get me to the point of getting the fuel pump out, but my FG MK2 sedan seems not to have the screws holding it in, rather a locked ring sort of thing... I've had a search around and can find plenty for the BA/BF but little in regards to the FG.

Has anyone taken a fuel pump out of the FG and if so can you give me any pointers on how to get this ring "unlocked"?? or if there is a thread somewhere I have missed, could you point me in that direction....

Cheers and thanks in advance

• 1 year later...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 28d

Just chucking a Walbro 255 in my BA. This thread was super helppful. All done, just need to grab some hose and clamps in the morning to finish it off. I'm going to replace the supply and return lines in the cradle.

A couple of questions that you lot might be able to help with:

1. Do you guys like to install the sleeve that comes with the pump or not worry?

2. I've got a few left over clips, washers, etc. and what looks like maybe an extension piece for the filter attachment. I'm assuming the kit caters for a range of installation scenarios and this is normal?

I found the quick connect hose fittings external to the cradle popped off almost straight away with a pair of needle nose pliers. But the flexible, corrugated lines inside the cradle were an absolute PITA to cut free.