Sedan Fuel Pump Install How To

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 17d

I just installed my Walbro pump today...

I bought the whole drop in assembly which made it a little easier. I didnt find it hard at all, I worked out the fuel line clips also. Although not entirely the correct way, I put a small flat blade screw driver in te slips and gently lifted the tabs and it slid off, I was careful not to break anything.

With the drop in assembly the only thing you need to connect from the inside of the tank is the earthing wire and then yo put the new pump in and screw it down.

Now the pump is in, I dont find it noisey like people are saying. I do hear it prime for sure but when the car is running there is only a slight whine but you really have to be listening for it otherwise its just background noise.

Overall I found it a pretty easy job, although I had the complete assembly.

Adam

• 2 months later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 2d

might be a silly question, but im thinking of having a crack at this myself but I live about 1 1/4 hours from my tuner. is it safe to drive it the 70kms after the install without having a retune?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 25d

yes I have a fuel pressure gauge in the car , when I went from stock pump to a gss-340 in tank , the pressure were pretty much the same , if anything the car wll run rich, if you worried , just cruise it there off boost

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 2d

yes I have a fuel pressure gauge in the car , when I went from stock pump to a gss-340 in tank , the pressure were pretty much the same , if anything the car wll run rich, if you worried , just cruise it there off boost

yeah I would be pretty grandpa with it til I got there. thanks mate :beerchug:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 25d

like I said , if anything , you will be running rich. so no real problem. I drove 3 hrs to my tuner (some spirited driving) and had problems at all.

the regulator controls rail pressure well with the gss. its just more flow that it provides , not more pressure(remeber the reg sets the pressure)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

I just did mine on my 07 bf, few points I'll add

- being in a country town, I see a few dirty/dirt roads. Around my pump unit was filthy, give it a good clean BEFORE removing the pumping or you'll have all sorts if dust and dirt going in your tank

- my car didn't have screws securing the black ring to hold the pump in, instead had locking tabs and had to be rotated around, I used a flat screwdriver and mallet.

Apart from that, it's a piece of piss to do!!

• 9 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 25d

hi quick question ive got a fuel pump cradel in bits on my workbench and need some advice. my tuner supplied me with a gss341 and said there basicly the same and gave me a universal fitting kit. ive taken the old filter out and it is about twice the size as the new one would this make a huge difference?? surley there all rated to 500hp?