Sedan Fuel Pump Install How To

• Member For: 14y 1m 7d

ok so guessing the fuel tank steps down or something where the pump is, kinda thought it might do that, slowly undid a 2 screws and fuel started to come out so closed it back up. couldnt even get the F@#%ing fuel lines off anyway, going for drive tonight to hopefully drain the tank abit, is there any trick to these suckers? push the tabs on the side while pushing forward then pull back aint working for me, lol

• Member For: 16y 4m 28d

Haha yeah the tank has to have bugger all fuel in it, mine was just above empty.

With the fuel lines, push it forward then squeeze the tabs in and pull back it should let go. They are a bit of a pain in the a$$ but you'll get them with a bit of swearing.

are you talking about the fuel line tabs that need to be disconnected before the cradle comes out of the tank or the tabs on the side of the cradle for it to seperate??

yeah they are a pain. you have to push them forward, squeeze the tabs then pull back and they should release. did you get the fuel out of the lines before you tried to undo them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 4m 7d

Does that interior area with the soldered wires become flooded with fuel??

I'm thinking of soldering too, but I don't think the heatshrink would be rated for fuel

There is heat shrink out there that has a particular glue on the inside. When it shrinks on your cables it becomes airtight. Ask an electrical supplier like haymans. I have only seen it used on larger cables so getting something smaller might be difficult.

In any case it is a much better option then crimping.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 1m 7d

Ok finally found away to get the suckers off haha I used 4 flatblade screwdrivers, small ones. I used them on the inside of the connector and gentally lifted all 4 of the locking tabs and it slid off very easily :) seems a lot easier this way. I recommend people who are having trouble to

Give this a go. You should be able to see all the tabs that clip over that need to be lifted

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 6m 12d

Strongly advise against this, as you can damage the tabs. Admittedly I've had a couple of issues with the submersible line being too long, and pushin the cap up etc.. and have had to take the pump out a couple of times. I was using drivers, and being carefull, but the claw-lip on these tabs that hold on to the rib of the male fitting can be damaged easily, and the supply line can blow off; which is what happened to me last week. I had to replace the line with a new supply line:

post-37288-0-11771000-1303133280_thumb.j

Just slide the fitting forward, then slide the tabs back, and the fitting will come off with ease.

Mine is leaking, and people are saying there's a seal, but no pics. I fit the module into the tank, and put the black metal ring on top, 6 bolts. I don't have any rubber seal?