eicarsto

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 15y 6m 24d

My FG and my iphone seem to work quite well together. Ipod functionality when connected seems to be fine, I can scroll select, track, rewind etc the ICC.... Blue tooth connects every time and I can make and receive calls at will. Phone numbers will be displayed on the screen however the caller names don't, but it didn't with my Ericsson either.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 20d

Thanks Nolz,

Its nice to see that it works for someone, now we just need to work out if your phone would work in our cars, or if our phones would work in yours... then we might be able to go to dealer with some idea.

• Member For: 14y 11m 24d

Picked up ute at 5pm yesterday. Had new upgraded module fitted (this is a May build ute and thought all upgrades would be fitted) and geuss what: Still the same! can make calls out but still won't recive calls or recieves them in the middle of call after answering with the handset: dash shows phone number then says "call transferred" back to Ford this morning to show the tech guru.

Keep you all posted

Marty

• Member For: 14y 9m 23d

I had my courtesy call on Monday from Ford on Monday asking me how happy I was with the purchase of my FPV...she read the script really well and asked all the prepared questions. When she got to the end she asks me "Do you have any questions" so I hit her up about the iPhone issue!

To say she was clueless is an understatement...I had to explain that it was an iPhone several times and not an IPOD! She didnt realise an IPOD could make calls????

She eventually just typed into the form what I dictated to her and then the promise of a phone call from the Ford Service Manager was suggested. I said that would be good but I doubt that I would recieve a call. No, she said "I will make sure he calls you today or first thing tomorrow"

I am still waiting....

Maybe I should invent an IPOD that can make calls via Bluetooth...I would make an absolute fortune!!!

Oh wait somebody already has... shame it doesnt work with my $70000 car. :mexicanwave:

Rant over!

• Member For: 14y 11m 24d

Mine goes back in on Tuesday. When I picked it up the 1st time they said by the way we fitted a new wiper motor as your wipers weren't parking in the right position. I said didn't notice that in the last 2 weeks of rain. Next moring I used my wipers and geuss what: they wouldn't park in the right position. Back to Ford at 8am to show them that not only bluetooth wasn't fixed but now I had an extra drama. Tech Guru paired up his phone then had a gofer call him but he was unable to answer it with steering wheel button. Tech Guru and Service manager decided that as the wipers and BT was not working it must be the BEM unit (?? No F....... Idea what that is but apparently controls all this crap that doesn't work) So it's next Tuesday for a new BEM unit.

Keep you posted.

• Member For: 14y 9m 23d

I eventually got the phone call from the Ford Service manager a couple of days ago. I explained to him the problem with the BT and iPhone and he claimed he knew nothing about such problems.

He told me he would find out for me and call me back...I had a feeling he was never going to call me back...but true to his word within 30 minutes he did!!!

He confirmed that it was a known problem and Ford themselves were well aware of it and were working on a fix.

Only problem is that the fix wont be ready until at least September or October. :spoton:

Kudos to the Manager for phoning me back though...that doesnt happen much these days.

So I now have an iPhone paper weight and have to use my cheap and nasty Blackberry in my expensive car!

PS Blackberry works like a charm..does everything except display the callers name.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 8m 7d

Hi all ! first time poster on this forum

I just sold my BA II XR6T privately.

Walked into a Ford showroom, saw an FG F6 in Nitro with 19" Argent wheels, leather,and brembos and fell in love and bought it. Who says $70k is not an impulse purchase !

I am having all the same Iphone/Bluetooth probems listed throughout this thread.

If anyone ends up with a perfectly working solution or ford Fix please let us know.

I'm on the road so I must have my phone & email & bluetooth working 100%.

My old XR6t had an aftermarket Sony Ericcsonn $100 BT kit which worked 100% perfectly with the Iphone.

Same a $500 ford genuine accessory can not do the same.

Cheers

FPV - 539

• Member For: 14y 8m 7d

Hi All. I found a fix to the iphone issue - at least this worked for me - try it out yourself and see if it works. I will post back after couple days again to let you all know if this continues to work, or if it falls over again, but so far so good

this is what I did and it worked

Reset the bluetooth module, find the fuse in the under dash fuse box, with power off, remove fuse, key in, switch to on or even start car, wait a little, key off and refit fuse. This also helps for those that find they can't get into the ICC phone settings menu which for some reason locks them out. Disconneting the car battery does the same thing however you also lose some of the customisable settings on the ICC & Dash menus whereas fuse removal is specific to bluetooth module.

Firstly I followed the above instructions regarding the fuse box again. for those of you who are not sure, you need to remove fuse 21 which is a brown 7.5 amp fuse which controls the bluetooth.

I then also went ino the centre console box and removed the tech pack. Slowly and gently raise it up until it clicks out - it is basically one plastic self locking nogen in the cetre of the bottom of the tech pack holding it down and it place. As it comes up, gently bring the non wired loom side out and then reach in and disconnect the wiring loom.

Proceed to follow the above posted steps regarding removing the fuse, starting the engine, and turning off the engine.

Then, reconnect the tech pack wiring loom in the console, snap the whole thing back into place, re start the car, and hopefully, your bluetooth will now work fine like mine.

I hope this works ongoing - it seems to work for me for the moment.

I tested the iphone while connected and playing music, making and recieeving calls, while on the radio, making and receivng calls, and also doing it all from the phone button on the steering wheel and from the phone itself.

So far so good. I tried it a couple times and so far not a hiccup.

Hopefully this solution continues to work. It seems as if the tech pack has re set itself and now all works sweet. I will continue to post and let you all know if this works ongoing and does not drop out again,

In the mean time. Here are photos of my new 6 day old beast, and also for those interested a photo of my Ipod cable, neatly re wired into the cup holders so I can have my iphone out and not in the console.

post-36553-1248596377_thumb.jpg

post-36553-1248596398_thumb.jpg