Need Advice On Zf 6 Speed

BLUUOA

• Member For: 7y 1m 27d

I have the same issue I think.

Sometimes the car will all of a sudden just go to neutral, and it just revs regardless of where the gear shifter is. Usually I have to stop and move the shifter around and sometimes its OK. Other times it may be get stuck in third gear instead of no gears at all like above. Other times the car won't start and only after moving the shifter around it will eventually start.

Errors I get are B2681 PRNDL failure and P0705 Transmission Range Sensor circuit malfunction. It is Very intermittent and really cannot determine when it will happen. Usually when it is first driven ffter being switched off for a few hours. I could happen 2 or 3 times a week and then not happen for a month.

• Member For: 4y 8m 13d

Hi people, newbie here.

I came across this thread albeit mostly from a fair while ago...

I have the SY 1 Territory turbo (ZF 6 spd) which I had a very similar issue with. symptoms were slipping into neutral and hunting for engagement, limp mode, ABS & traction control lights, lost speedo, drive indicator flashing etc etc. Ford mechanic found radio interference at the time of the event/s (I left the car with him for a week so it would fault on him).

The cause for the symptoms were one or two of the coil packs has corroded and was earthing on the head interfering with the  communications to the instrument cluster.

A new set of OEM coil packs and fresh plugs ($1000 in parts) and I was away. If I was smart enough I would've purchased an aftermarket set of coils for a third of the price.

I really hope this is of use. I know the feeling of unknown expense when the possibility could really hurt.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

1. Good job on getting it sorted with new coils and plugs, but even buying OEM ones you paid way too much ($400 max for the coils, plugs are cheap), so I'd say the dealer just ripped you off.

2. I wouldn't recommend that anybody buy non-OEM coils as they've been known to cause all sorts of problems in these vehicles.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

I just did the same for my Territory. $202 for genuine plugs and $60 for genuine plugs.  Where the hell does $1000 come from.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Give the forum a yell next time - if a seller like this wasn't willing to post to NZ, I'm sure one of us would be happy to have the parcel mailed to us and them post on to you.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F251486271003