Engine Light Due To Hi-flow Cat

mattyb

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 3d

Has anyone had a problem of their engine light coming on due to changing the standard cat for a hi flo one??? I had my Hi Flo fitted on wednesday, and the engine light won't go off. Is there any way to reset this light, I fon't have the coin for a Flash tune yet :bangcomputer:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 26d

if your cat doesn't have room for the 2 o2 sensors the bf has, it throws up a code.

take it back to the exhaust shop and get them to make sure there are enough holes in the exhaust for BOTH the o2 sensors.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 22d

It will still make the light come on with 2 sensors because the second sensor is reading outside what the standard tune considers normal.

You should've only changed the cat right when you're ready to get the custom tune done.

• Member For: 15y 2m 23d

I second that you will have the light on because the ecu sees it as a faulty cat the light being on is not a problem having the hi flo cat on without tune is you must not give your car any sort of sh*t until it is tuned then you will be able to have the warning light turned off. Ric.

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m 25d

my bf has come up with the same thing - error code po420 catalyst system effiency below threshold. It has had a custom tune since the 200cpi cat went in. However, the car does seem to miss when it is on idle and has droped a bit of power.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 3m 3d

My Engine light comes on when the car revs past 2500-3000 all the way to redline and won't go off till I back off (probably 1 second after).

I have replaced the o2 sensor on the dump pipe (off the turbo), TP Sensor (on the throttle body)and the coil packs / spark plugs.

This problem has been a pain in the ars for about 2 years. No error code comes up on the tuners code detector.

Has anyone else had or still has this same issue I have? Help would be greatly appreciated.