How To Replace The Power Steering Line?

bluesmuso

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 28d
  • 7 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 14d

I fixed mine by dremeling the nut off, but found that the rubber O ring was perished and squashed after I finished.I reckon it only needed a new rubber O ring.

Should try that first before grinding the nut off. The nut only cost $10 with a rubber O ring. Just my 2 pence.

• Donating Members

yep its just on the end of the thread that screws into the reservoir. And for mine the nut was exactly the same and the rubber O ring is the weakiest link not the nut.

Edited by F6RD

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 10d

Well I've purchased one of the nuts and have it sitting in a drawer, do you reckon I should just remove the O-ring from the new nut and install it into my current nut which is on the line at the moment? (removing the old O-ring first obviously) ?

• Donating Members

Yeah Man that's what Id do, youve got nothing to lose, except a little bit of power steering fluid.

try it See how it goes and if it leaks than you know its the nut, But I doubt it.

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 5m 8d

my car gets the shivers. shakes etc. if its sitting still then the steering wheel is in lock and I turn, or I slow right down and turn hard it shakes. mechanic said it was somehting in the power sterring? he added a solution to the power steering liquid. which stopped it for 4 months. now its back :( do I need a new rack? pump? line? what :(

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 19d

I got an aftermarket hose for $40 from Burson (cost price). There is plenty of room to move in their retail prices.....negotiate and save stuffing around trying to cut this off if you don't have the tools to do so.