Diy Rca To Rca

Azid Rush

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5d

Firstly speaker cable is not the correct way of making a RCA. Use a multimeter to make sure the interigty of the cable is ok, eg no shorts etc.

You can also run a RF signal out of your Foxtel box into an analogue tuner, which only requires 1 cable, RG59 or RG6.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 7d

Az, basically it is just a signal path switch.

AV switch box - signal RCA in -> push button/switch -> signal path out... Its basically a 1 IN -> 3/4/5 whatever OUT.

Range from about $50 up for decent ones...

But if there is Coax out on the back of the Fox Box - just use that... much cheaper, and much easier... Parents whole place is done in this form and works simple and easy...

Only down side is all TV's will be watching the same channel at the same time (if tuned/switched to that channel on the TV), and channel changing requires getting off your butt and going into the room where the box is located. (Option to get around this is a IR repeater however)... :thumbsup:

Ill PM some other info to you!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5d

If you go the RF way you can send the IR signals down the Coax. If you go to Dick Smith or similar you will find Foxtel have a IR kit for your Foxtel box.

IMO a composite signal sh*ts all over the RF but each to there own.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m

Get one of these:

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=A3126

I just installed cabling to 3 rooms so i now i have 4 rooms on the one foxtel box.

I also install I/R remote repeaters so i can control the box and my AV amp from which ever room

im in

The signal strength is so good, I had to install 3db atenuators to reduce the signal strength

to stop ghosting and picture drop out.

Guest newl
  • Guests

I used to use a set of wireless A/V transmitter/receiver pair purchased from trickie dickies. Worked a treat.

As others have said though, if you have coax out, use that. Otherwise, take a stab at the distribution amplifier solution Luke mentioned.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 9d
What about using AV senders and if set up right you can even use your remote
I used to use a set of wireless A/V transmitter/receiver pair purchased from trickie dickies. Worked a treat.

:stupid: 's quickest easiest and best solution I've used and your not confined to one spot in a room if you decide to move it.

Set the oldmans place up with these in a couple of rooms with one a good 30ft from the box in a shed down the backyard with no signal drop...

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 15y 7m 13d

the av senders work great just make sure ya dont get the same frequency as your cordless phone otherwise it becomes a big pain in the arse