Abs Light, Traction Light And Brake Light

BLUUOA

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 21d

Hey guys

It's a 2006 BF FPV F6 Typhoon with a ZF 6 Speed Automatic Transmisson

This problem is really getting to me....

I drive normal and the car is fine once I give it a little gas the abs light, traction control light and brake light flash, and the car goes into limp mode and the speedo stops working...

This has all happened after replacing a broken drive shaft

I’ve checked all sensors and pick ups from each wheel and everything seems alright

The code that comes up is Speed signal missing or incorrect has anyone experienced the same problem or know of anything that might fix it ...

Once you turn the car off and turn it back on everything resets until you give it a little gas again

Do the wheel sensors pick up the speedo or is there something in the gearbox that knows your speed

Thanks

Edited by BLUUOA

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Hey George, pretty sure this problem stems from the ABS sensors on all four wheels, there may be one that is faulty or a sensor may have been knocked when the shaft was replaced. Ford can diagnose it pretty quickly I beleive

• Donating Members

Hey Senna

Long time Hope all is well

I'm really stressing about this problem

A guy I got to know from Ford helped me out

He told me that something is not communicating with the abs module they told me cause of the flash tuner there diagnositc machine only picked up a speed fault nothing else the machine couldn't pin point the problem or tell me which sensor may be faulty.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

The flash tuner shouldn't have much effect on the IDS system, but I would be starting where the shaft was replaced and try swapping the sensor there with a new one or one that you know works.

Are your wheels the same size front and rear? I recently had a different profile tyre fitted to the rear of my car and the abs light has come on a couple of times - pretty sure it has to do with the rolling diameter being different...

• Donating Members

I've got 22 inch rear and 20 inch front but I've had this combination for over 8 months If something was to go wrong it should of happened along time ago when I replaced the wheels...

Do you know if the ring gears for the abs sensors on the BA CV shafts vary from the rings on BF shafts...

Edited by BLUUOA

• 9 years later...
  • Member For: 7y 1m 3d

Sorry to dig up an old thread, was this ever resolved? I have a territory SY Ghia turbo and under hard acceleration it does exactly what you are seeing.

So it's either based on information collected..

ABS sensors at wheels.

Sensors at wheels to be cleaned.

Coil packs.

What resolved your car?

To complicate things more I'm running now the calibration of a F6x on the PCM and it pulls much harder but with limp mode more frequent than before.

Abs..

• 9 months later...