Water Spray

Panda Eyes

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 4m 10d

I am contemplating doing this with a windcreen washer bottle myself. I will just use a couple of windscreen spray nozzles mounted on the grill.

I see some comments saying that the water has to be atomised. I think that is for when you are putting water inside the intake. im pretrty surre if you atomise the spray on the outside it wont even reach the intercooler before it evaporates.

I used to have a sh*t car that would overheat badly on hot days. I would go to a servo, fill the squeegy bucket and throw the water on my radiator. The temp guage needle would move from overheat to below normal in about 3 seconds.

Water on the race track. With a couploe on spray nozzles im pretty sure it will all evaporate and you want see a single drop hit the road.

Sounds good using the boost to trigger the spray, I never thought of that. I was going to put a micro switch against the pedal so it would spray whenever I put the pedal to the floor (same system as they use in basic nitrous kits) So the water would spray at WOT (if my foots not to the floor I dont need the cooling). This would be extremely cheap to do and depending on driving habits would mean less filling of the bottle.

People who say it is the evaporation that cools are I believe correct. Hence the meth/water mix might be even better as the alcohol will speed up evaporation. Although the meth might evaporate from our water bottle in a day or so. As far as I understand it the metal transfers heat energy to the water which causes the atoms in the water to move faster and get further apart, which turns the water into steam which then carries the heat energy away.

One question. Do we need to get our cars tuned with the spray in operation or will the air temp sensor get the ECU to take care of adding extra fuel and boost?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 5m 26d

For your ute why not use an old beer keg It would hold a lot and if mounted in the centre of the rear window would look good.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d
With a good spray system in place, would mean you could use a $300 intercooler but get same

Effeciency as a more expensive intercooler, right?

Price does not indicate efficiency but a less efficient IC with water/meth setup would be similar to a quality IC and prob better due to the cooling ability of water and meth and the octane boosting methanol!

The water/meth kits although they allow for extra timing are generally used as an additional knock deterrent.

Sent from Toshiba AT100 running custom ROM

• Like 2