The Great Nsw Number Plate Ripoff

sark021

• Under-garment member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 22d

lol @ tab

Senna, $500 a year WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In WA it's either a one off payment of $350 for custom alloy plates (up to seven characters) or $500 for custom polycarbonate's with up to nine characters. No maintenance, annual fees zero nothing nil fark.

There are cheaper ones again like the Letter Letter Numeral Numeral WA series... They're about $200 once-off I think & you can have for example RU 16 WA...

RTA, fcukbag's = same same :spoton:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 2d

Yeah RTA is crazy!

Both Da Gurly and I have personal plates on the F6, and XR5 - upfront to order, then each year on top...

I never did get the RTA's theory on this one, even the staff dont understand...

I still own my Vic personal SMICKY plates - once off 250$ (from memory) - colored, personal etc, and they sit here in my office now... When I decide to whack them back on a car its a 50$ (from memory) once off swap over for the plates.

No fee to retain either, just once off and they are all MINE!

Yet another RTA fark up!

Oh yeah and the Vic rego is heaps cheaper as well... (pitty all the cars are in NSW at the moment)...

:finger:

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d

When I bought the mrs new car I could not believe the cost just to transfer the bloody thing over. I was aware of the normal stamp duty and rego fee but then there was another charge for admin.

I will never have personalized plates. Im happy with the little black and white ones

• Member For: 17y 7m 15d
It’s most properly to raise the money for the Opera House.

:finger:

I think you might be right....though I don't begrudge money spent on the Opera House.

But as a new south welshman.....I can tell you 100% that they are not spending on the roads. The roads are pathetic, their management and upkeep are pathetic, and any decent road you want to use to get around this damn place you have to pay through the nose for in tolls.

Where is all the money really going......someone tell me pleeeeeze!!!!!

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 3d

when the custom plates first were released ,it was a one off payment I think of $350.00 and later it become yearly.RTA stands for root tab's ankle.. :finger: Cheers Nick

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

The NT has it best for personalized plates, $150 and that's it.

Puts the NSW rip off into perspective.

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 16d

Number plates aside, Vic is the highest taxed state in the country I believe.

Given that the plates are a VOLUNTARY tax (you know, kinda like speeding fines), I say get over it!

All that aside, an annual fee for such a thing is an absolute farce. It isn't like they need to upgrade their computer to keep track of your 'customised' plates is it!?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 26d

I have a really original, never restored 1969 car and when I got the rego done I asked for the old white over black style plates, didn't care what the plate number was, just wanted them as they would have suited the car more than the black over yellow. Yep the lady said, $110 plus $90 per year (or whatever the fees were), my reply, "nah, stuff that, give me the once off $32 ones"

flibbin rip off merchants.