Ba Abs Problem?

Ford powa

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 11d

I have the same problems, and its getting worse. I changed my rotors new and new pads and did not do anything...

I changed my front abs sensors aswell with new ones and still same problems.

I think its the abs module, or maybe the brake lines need flushing with new brake fliud.

How many kms has your T done??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 21d

My car has done 105,000klms and has recently had brake fluid flush.

I picked up a pair of sensors for $60 from FTG auto salvage, ''BEST WRECKERS EVER'' they have everything and are cheap.

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 23d

I know this Topic is bit old but I got my ABS and brakes all fixed finally!!!. Problem was the sensors and some Coding in the cars computer was reading wrong. Cost $120 at Ford wasnt that bad. I hope that helps some people who experience the same Problems. :idunno:

Cheers Tom

• 11 years later...
  • Member For: 3y 4m 1d
On 10/04/2009 at 2:13 PM, Ford powa said:

Lately ive had the ABS sign appear on my dash when driving along. now and then when slowing down and braking I get a crunching/griding sound at the front of the car around the brakes and its kinda loud. doesnt sound good and certainly doesnt feel good when it seems like the brakes are slipping.

I dont know if I need new brakes or I have a serouis ABS problem/ Traction control. Should dropping the car off at Ford be the best thing to do? :lockd:

Hope someone can help.

Had the same problem, turned out I had 225/50/16 on front and 225/60/16 on back which totally upset the abs sensors and pump.problem fixed when I changed the front to match the back. LOL... Cheers

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

good result :spoton:

As you've discovered there, the rolling diameter changes between front and back can cause all sorts of malfunctions in ABS and speedometer etc.