First Mods Thread!

NVT

• Member For: 11y 3m 24d

When it comes down to the warranty side I'd check with the service manager first. some can be very picky on what you do and will void warranty pretty easily. when I first got mine I asked the question with the service manager and he said the only things I could do was a k&n panel filter and cat back exhaust .

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 21d

If you're going with big power down the track then the turbo side would be good... As fatz said though make sure it wont void warranty... the typhoon airbox makes a decent difference and wont void anything. Add a decent cat back and it'll be enough to have some fun with

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Member For: 9y 1m 22d

Hi guys,

Obviuosly new to the forum and making my way through the threads.

I bought a 03 xr6t ute auto with 80000kms on just starting to mod now.

From reading the treads this is my direction, please correct me if I am missing something.

I want to make 300 to 325rwkw and keep the ute stock looking.

I have already purchased db4000 t3 rotors and ds performance pads with braided lines, not yet fitted as the brakes are terrible.

I plan on purchasing the plazmaman intercooler and CAI kit,

Venom cat

Xcal and tune

Injectors of tuners choice

Valve spring upgrade not sure which brand yet.

Will there be anything else I will need (fuel pump) or maybe a cheaper/better option for the power im chasing.

I realise ill be at the 4 speeds limit and might tear it up but that's not the end of the world, ill justbreplace that when/if it happens.

Really good tread and I have learnt alot already, I come from classic car background and its my first turbo and loving it

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d

:mexicanwave:Welcome :mexicanwave:

Hope ya enjoy the car!

First mod for me was replace the oil billet cap from the plastic (that crumbles away) for a metal alloy one - best $12 bucks you can spend on your car. Believe me - I had to spend money to fish out the broken bits of plastics that fell into the crank case and sump when I tried to open it (in the early days when I first got my BA).

• 3 years later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 27d

Falcons pull timing when the iat gets hot, along with other tune adjustments. It takes a while but it does happen. 

While there may not be daily driving, air density based gains, there will be some spirited and warmer weather gains in an otherwise stock car.