First Mods Thread!

NVT

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 22d

Not everyone sits on the forums to reply to every single post instantly..no need to ask again. Be patient and people will get back to you..

• Like 1

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 17d

Junio as said somewhere up the page.. It's fine if you don't want the capability of the xcal 3.. Example customizable parameters, scan tool etc..

There are quite a few people who have their T's tuned using VCM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

what power figger will I have ...... after this list of mods

its a BA XR6 Turbo 5 speed manual

its got a Rapid systems V3 cooler kit with Cold side pipeing

40MM Bov

Plazman under bat intake

earls Turbo oil feed line filter

will have

6 speed fitted

Atomic Valve springs

Turbo flapper and acuator mod 12PSI min

intake fuel pump

Bosh 42Lb injecters

Hiflow Cat

Tune

now thinking

maybee 4' dump too

so what power Level d you gauys think ill have with this list of mods

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 7m 22d

Hi there, can anyone tell me what the "Xforce 4" exhaust system for the xr6 turbo" is like?

ie, is it anygood?

and do I really need to run a cat in my exhaust or could I get a system bent up just using a decent flowmaster , thereby making it even more freeflowing? [ I believe here in nz we have more relaxed emission laws than oz]

Im going to get all the bolt ons first before the tune, but was wondering if I can get a better exhaust bent up than whats on the market currently.

Also has anyone heard of the HDi brand ofintercoolers? they are an oz crowd selling here in nz ,Are they anygood for my xr6turbo or am I just wasting money?

cheers heaps from a newbie, will post pics of my ride as soon as I can upload them,

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 26d

Awesome thread especially for someone like me who just purchased a 04 BA MKII XR6T Ute and I'm wanting to get a little more power out of it.. This thread has helped me heaps in understanding what to do to get that little bit more which I wont.. Thanks for all the posts and advice for us newbies..

Will post mt progress as I go..

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 7d

I'm new to the T's after owning SS's for nearly 10 years, fantastic thread it's answered many questions before I walk into a tuner without a clue. I had a couple more if anyone can help.

I've a 05 BF 6sp manual that I purchased a few weeks ago, it already has a full xforce exhaust and has previously been tuned by mopower in Gladstone.

I've read that some older SCT tuners are no longer supported? Mine simply says SCT on the front and has the part No 3000AU. Does anyone know if this still current and worthwhile reusing for another tune?

My mod plans are a MACE engineering CAI with K&N pod filter. Also a set of bigger injectors, I've read that the Bosch 42lb 968 injectors are the go, but I've also read that if you have a full exhaust the Siemens deka 60lb injectors are better? Also do I need to upgrade the fuel pump whilst upgrading the injectors or is it just recommended?

Seeing as the car has been previously tuned, would most tuners just modify the original tune to incorporate the injectors at the cost of a couple of hours tuning or is it likely I'll need to pay for a full retune?

What sort of rwkw should I be looking at with these mods? It's currently 238rwkw, 270 would be nice.

My budget is fairly restricted after this, are there any small mods I could carry out for a few more kw?

Thanks in advance

Jugs

Edited by Juganort

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

3000AU should be this

http://tricktuners.com/TT%20Pictures/SCT/New%20pictures/Xcal3.gif

Which is the latest available XCAL device, so you're good to go.

Good advice is to speak to a reputable tuner in your area (see threads on here and sponsors section to find a reputable shop) and ask them what injectors and other parts they like to tune with and go from there.

I use the 42lb Bosch 428s, they max out at lower 300's (rwkw). Most tuners are OK with Deka 60's but as I said speak to them first about idle quality and low speed economy etc.

Money on air intake may not be wise. I have stock airbox with K&N panel filter, plus F6 lower intake fitted to airbox and I ran an 11.9.

You should upgrade intercooler (if stock) and intank fuel pump. Crappy coolers lose power after one run (heatsoak). Read more on here about intercooler choices.

Good luck and welcome over from the red team hahaha.

• Member For: 11y 3m 7d

Thanks mate

Over the past few days I've spoken to a few tuners recommend on the forums and ended up with a few more questions.

One place gaps the spark plugs when installing injectors whilst another doesn't, is this necessary or just a matter of one place going the extra mile?

Another suggested replacing some hosing when installing the walbro intank fuel pump and quoted triple the price for install? Anyone know if this is necessary?

I've been advised that the car probably has a 50/50 chance of suffering from overboost with the full xforce system 4 in dump, 3.5in cat & 2.5 in catback. Does this sound about right?

Edited by Juganort