To Phoon Or Not Typhoon

Ricky N

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 30d

my BA Phoon was far better than my T and the BF phoon better again. I wouldn't compare one to the other from my experience at least.

If you just want to mod the sh*t out of something , buy a BA and spend $25k on it.

Following your logic Doc why 4 Phoons and you still haven't learnt ??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 8m 5d

Personally I think your minds already made up? Do what you think is right. Both options have advantages and dis advantages.

If your going to go sick with mods, I'd go with the T.

• Member For: 16y 2m 18d

The seats do make the phoon "feel" like a heaps better car but really their isnt much difference. Brakes,body kit, interior and on a good one a few more kws. Oh and the posh little fpv featues such as the push button start lol. The FG on the other hand feels alot better on the road cos of the new front end set up and the way the body is now made,so its no illusion,it actually is alot better car.So much tighter and more rigid.

Edited by ebxmple

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 30d
The FG on the other hand feels alot better on the road cos of the new front end set up and the way the body is now made,so its no illusion,it actually is alot better car.So much tighter and more rigid.

The FG starts to cost more money at 320rwkw if your chasing power in the T. Turbo mods here we come.

As for the seats making a difference, have you actually driven any of these cars.Soumds pretty subjective to me.

You got bucks in your pocket , get what you wan't. None of your choices are bad ones.

Just Ts are as common as muck now, how long do you wan't to keep it ?

If your hanging on to it for a long time , just flip a coin and be done with it.

This forum has had this circular argument time and time again.I was embroiled in the initial

T V Phoon debate on the side of the T yet I have still bought 2 Phoons and would never consider a T again.

There ya go.........a simple answer ? There aint one

• Member For: 20y 11m 30d

Hi Ricky,

I'm afraid I would have to side with the pro Typhoon argument and not just because mine is for sale at an extremely reasonable price. I've had the BA XR6T before the 'phoon and I must say they are worlds apart in the way they drive. It may my psychological but the 'phoon just feels better in the way it drives, steers, handles and looks. As has already been said XR6T's are dime a dozen and you'll never get any value back for the money you spend but a 'phoon will always be a limited edition car and therefore worth more in the long run. I'm selling mine to upgrade to the FG and I've driven both the F6 and XR6T they are just not in the same league when compared. So my advice is do your self a favour and test drive both and draw your own conclusions I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

Big AL

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 4m 19d

I have to agree with everyone else here. When I drive my brothers typhoon compared to my T it just feels that little bit nicer to drive.

• Member For: 16y 2m 18d

Hey BUF-PHOON,yes I have driven them and I drive them everyday lol. I work for Ford. I am not trying to say the xr6t is better than the phoon just that if your choosing between the 2 to do heaps of mods on to buy a xr6t,my opinion. We all know that once a car has been modded it has been worked damn hard so not many want to buy,they would rather buy a virgin car that hasnt been f*cked yet lol. Once a phoon has been modded it defeats the purpose of having a one off build in alot of buyers minds as its been modded just like all the xr6ts and they see it as been thrashed. These are my opinions going off what customers say and want at work and unless you can afford a typhoon and spend a further 10-15g on mods,buy an xr6t. I must say again thou that the seats and steering wheel do make them feel alot better,that's why they have them.

Edited by ebxmple