Tassie Chat

Sleeper6T

• Member For: 15y 5m 26d

Hey there ,

Count me in. Da wife will probably stay home. When I got the car back from melbourne I took her for a run and gave it a bit down low and nearly ended up facing the other way. You could probably imagine the absolute spraying she gave me.

I am now chasing up new valve springs as the car is intermitently letting go a little top end. Oh well!!

I am only pushing around the 260 rwkw mark, but made a VZ HSV 297 kw ute look pretty ordinary yesterday after I finally gained traction.

Regards Stoney. :stupid:

• Member For: 16y 6m 11d

Yeah July sounds good for a meet and greet, I'm having various problems with my car ATM which should be fixed for a full cruise in August, but if you hear some under car rattle over our engines for the meet then you know where its coming from lol.

Yeah my missus doesn't mind the boost lol but in VIC not a lot of the boys brought their ladies, so it made it a bit awkward for her on the one she came along to, so she'll probably just stay at home too.

sounds like a plan.

What dates would be good for you guys, I'm easy of a night time, but my work is a bit hectic, so I have no real set days off each week.

• Member For: 16y 2m 5d

that was me mate. saw you too on thursday on harrington street. was going to wave hello but thought we hadn't actually met yet so no point. was on my way to the spirit of tas. felt ashamed to present her to anyone as she hadn't been washed for weeks! no point in winter eh! car is now in the hands of Bluepower. we did a base run as soon as we got there and she put out 272 (injectors, tune, no cat) which was only a couple of kws off my tassie dyno result of 274.5. three runs later and they were already at 282rwkw on 2psi less boost with a much fatter power curve all the way through from bottom through mid range but losing out up top. they will fix that up but I had to go. anyway, that was just for curiosity sake. It's not getting tuned until the exhaust and IC go on.

Will keep you guys posted. hopefully this nizpro exhaust turns up for me in the next week or so.

Edited by F6T

your car looks nice F6T, couldn't see the dirt from the other side of the road. Yeah my car gets around lol!!

that's still a decent number 282rwkw, nice work.

Just a question, where do you guys get your car serviced / repaired (mechanical) around the Hobart area? and are they okay on price?

Howell automotive mate. Trust them with my life. a great crew - mature but by no means the cheapest hourly rate but for the peace of mind, I don't care. Rod is a perfectionist and a bloody good operator. can't recommend high enough.

you?

just got confirmation that my car is booked for tuesday next week for the fitting of the exhaust! big relief. will keep you guys posted.

• Member For: 15y 5m 26d

Nice work mate. Is the zorst the new Nizpro one everybody has been talking about??? Either way it should free the big F6 up for some really nice power figures.

Good luck.

Regards Stoney. :biggrin:

seen a silver xr6 turbo ute driving around twice near glenorchy / derwent park....

I'm just in the process of moving house, I'm moving out of sandy bay into derwent park. Saving about $140 per week so I can start living a bit again...