Tassie Chat

Sleeper6T

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 7m 1d

Count me IN for surreee!!!

I'm surprised to hear from so many people, didn't realise there were many people from Tassie on here (or with a T for that matter).

also a guy at work has a T too, not modded but he is thinking about getting a generic tune on a capa flasher over the next few months, his car is suprisingly quick for a stocky. he'll be in.

My car is also going across to pitlane performance to get a re-tune and a rapid kit fitted, but probably sometime in august, maybe even september as I have a few pressing issues on the T that need to be fixed first (and the list keeps growing). Maybe we could ask Mick for a Tassie group discount on Custom Tunes :thumbsup::spoton:

BE VERY CAREFUL when getting a custom tune that you don't use melbourne Fuel, I had my first tune done by HP-F in melbourne because I was living over there, and I didn't realise the fuel was different in Tassie, so when I moved down to Tassie my car was pinging terribly on the 98 octane tune, so I either have to run a bottle of octane boost with every tank or just leave it on the low boost 95 octane tune.

Make sure when you get your custom tune you fill up with Tassie fuel in Devo before getting on the boat, so it can be tuned with the fuel from down here. Even BP ultimate isn't the same which isn't too impressive, I would like to see if it is actually rated at 98 octane like they market it to be.

I'm loving the roads down here so far, and the sway bars make the T a dream to drive on them too. haven't done much exploring but the drive to port arthur wasn't too bad, and I also drove to some caves one day before getting to a dirt road and turning back, that was a pretty fun drive, except for almost hitting a cow which had escaped and was running a muck on the road.

If we are gonna organise a cruise I'll just run a bottle of octane boost in the tank so I can keep up.

when were you guys thinking of doing this???

• Member For: 16y 2m 26d

Hey how's it going mate. I don't suppose you have a blueprint XR6T with the same number plate in black with white writing? If so, I've seen your ride around a fair bit.

Good point on the tassie fuel there. I will definitely fill her up with Devonport BP ultimate before getting on the boat then.

Well, my car won't be going over now for another 2 weeks on account of the nizpro exhaust saga/delays etc. So I won't have it back until the 1st - 2nd week of July now instead of end of June as originally planned. So anytime towards the mid to end of July would be fine. I'll keep you guys posted. We can do another one after you are sorted with your Rapid install later in the year.

Would be great to get a good regular little crew together fellas. And sounds like we should have a decent collection of horse power between us all!! only rule is, no-one is allowed to have more power than me....hehe.

Hey how's it going mate. I don't suppose you have a blueprint XR6T with the same number plate in black with white writing? If so, I've seen your ride around a fair bit.

Yeah that's me mate, lol.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 16d

I should be getting my Rapid V3 tomorrow, then all I need is my ETM Replacement Turbo Oil Feed Line....

Ill be phoning Mick @ Pit Lane in the next couple of days to get the car booked in then its on the boat in the next few weeks, who knows maybe Michael and I will be over there together, race back home anyone???

Its a good time to go over as the Sprint fares are so cheap at the moment.

Will post up my progress too, good luck with the Nizpro exhaust Mick, I know you've been after one for a while now, cant wait to hear it!!!

• Member For: 15y 6m 16d

Hey there,

Good luck with ya mods Mick. That car of yours is going to be very quick if ya can get traction. Velcro roads might be the go. Ha! Ha!

XR0500. Hope all goes well for you with Mick. He is a fricken legend. You will be very happy.

My car is Phantom in colour and has Black number plate with white letters and numbers. If ya think you see me, give a wave.

Regards Stoney. :ph34r:

• Donating Members

Hey thanks Stoney :drool:

I will be keeping everyone posted with the progression of the mods.....

Hey EXR6T I saw you today driving along Sandy Bay road I was in my girlfriends subaru, I waved but I doubt you were looking at a white '92 liberty haha.

Ill keep an eye out for ya Stoney

Oh yeah and I think the Velcro roads will be a good idea for Mike, ive been in that car and its massively quick as it is, so furry tires and prickly plastic roads for Mike haha

Edited by xr0500

Hey EXR6T I saw you today driving along Sandy Bay road I was in my girlfriends subaru, I waved but I doubt you were looking at a white '92 liberty haha.

Yeah I can't say I was looking out for a '92 subey lol..

I've seen a couple of T's around lately. Hope we can all get together soon..

we should set a date for our first Tassie cruise, I was thinking maybe first week in August, that'll give everyone a few weeks to sort out there mods, and give me time to do the repairs I need.

just wondering, will you guys be bringing your missus along??

-EXR6T

• Member For: 16y 2m 26d

Early August sounds fine for a cruise but also happy to have a meet and greet at mine beforehand in July. whatever suits everyone.

As for bringing the missus along, after the last cruise, I don't think mine will be along. Besides, we have a little 4 month old bubb now so spirited driving around the bendy stuff isn't really the go. So I will be cruising solo. I don't give a rats if anyone wants to bring their other halves with them though.

• Donating Members

Im with mike in regards to bringing my missus, she dosent event like it when I come on boost with 4psi, don't think she is going to be a fan of 15psi :ermm:

But yeah everyone else feel free to bring your girlfriends/wives etc if you are lucky enough to have one that likes a bit of "spirited" driving :beerchug:

Early August is good for me, anytime really, so.....