WAW Ver2

tinyplums

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 15d

Bad luck Brendon.

Steve, how's your car ?

Hope the rattle is just something coming loose, but not the flex plate.

I had a reasonable night. Best of 11.63 or something at 123mph.

I tried several full boost launches using the handbrake but even after massive skids on my NT05R's and letting the tyres down a couple of times, it would still spin off the mark.

Not like when I first used them and they rotated on the rim rather than spin. Dunno if it was me or the track.

Kept hitting the rev limiter in first too.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Yeah dunno if I'll get away without gearbox work hey...symptoms are very similar to yours. Sound familiar? Uh oh!

Phil is cool and did a flex plate so I wanna be cool too and loosen mine too!

Better than busting an engine or CV, I babied it home and will hopefully be able to park it at XFT for some love come morning...then get a proper diagnosis.

My goddamned sagging stone tray was triggering the beams and caused a confusing staging issue until I decided to take it off and stuff it in the boot. Must be why I got 12.5 that run :)

Oh yeah my trap speed was way down as well, about 5mph. Previous highest was 121mph, tonight it hit 116.73 on an ET of 12.188. 1.947 60'. Gearbox has been in a bad way for a long time now though so robbing me of speed I think. 212,xxx km old now and stock.

Good news was I finally got my 60 footers under 2 seconds. 1.9x twice without really trying to stall it up much. Even had a heavier car this time, 4/5 tank and some tools in the boot.

Fingers crossed I can afford a gearbox freshen while it's all going on. Also have that PWR heat exchanger to fit, might get that done in the shop too.

GF is asleep so doesn't know yet... :)

Edited by -SteveR-

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

At least you came home strong Phil, thanks for helping out with storage and stuff...appreciate it :-). You were doing some good skids sonthey would have had to be pretty warm!

That sucks Steve, would have to be the ex plate....hopefully she's back running again soon. Did you get any full runs in?

How did MurdoK do, was he having traction issues as well? My old MT's seemed to stick...it bogged with a 4k launch and stuck enough to kill a CV.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Yeah I got 3 full runs, then burnouts were on and after that I decided to go for the fateful "just one more run" hahaha.

Was chomping at the bit to see another 11.9 after my lazy first run that got me my first 1.9x 60'. The ZF needs attention first unfortunately.

I called Phil at about 6:20pm to let him know I was running late and he said you'd already busted the car, not fun! Should have rolled out a nice easy first run to get a mph...and I shoulda stopped at 3 passes. Hindsight is 20/20...

Still, minor setbacks.

Gordon/Murdok ran some good times, he stalled the auto going for the extra special 2-1 shift on the line though. I'll let him comment further as can't remember the ETs. Same for Goran.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 29d

was good soeaking with you all.

11.70 was me best but was plagued by noob driver.

accidentally grabbing 2nd a foot off the line and as said above even stalling the car on the line...and its auto!!!!

dont recommend stalling car on brake in 2nd and then selecting 1st.its bad mmmkay.

thanks a million for the helmet toads.will return it pronto. also super bad luck with the car.

cant wait to get some mt's and have another crack.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 22d

Performance D and handbrake is probably best in an FG

The super special spool 2nd to 1st off line is more of a BF thing haha

Hopefully I'll be there next time!

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 22d

To be honest bud I'm just going with what I've been told and seen, my cousin dan (CAT600 on ford forums) used that method to net the 9.9 in his twin turbo fg xr8 so im guessing it works!

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 29d

Good to meet Phil and Gordon last night. First time down there racing for me so was a good learning experience and paranoid about breaking anything :)

Got 6 runs in total, only managed a best of 13.23 at 107.8mph with a 2.154 60'. Was hoping for a 13.0x something but still not bad for a stock car and I think my new 20" wheels did not help either.

Keen to give it another go, but might run the factory wheels next time to see if that helps.