The Build Has Begun

straughsberry

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 1d

Snort is popular with the E series crowd and has been for quite a while. They make turbo kits at a very competitive price. I met Geoff, the owner, about 8 months ago and liked the fact that he's designs and develops his own stuff. He has production product as well as being able to do custom work.

I saw a couple of his custom manifolds and I liked them so we shook hands on Snort setup. Originally, Snort was going to supply one of their T51r kits but I went a bit mental and wanted to do things a little differently so I decided on using the Borg Warner / Bullseye Power S380R turbo. Snort will also be making me a custom dump pipe, oil lines, intake and perhaps twin 3 inch exhaust if it works out for me logistically.

Geoff has told me about a couple of new products he's developing specifically for the B series boys but I'll let him tell it when he's ready.

No new updates apart from I'll be picking up the custom manifold head plate tomorrow so the manifold can be finished, the bell housing pattern is finished but requires a little tweaking. Of course this is holding up the auto conversion. Still waiting 2 or 3 head components to be made/modified which is holding up the head completion. Then we should be right to start dummying up the engine then onto the engine dyno for some initial tuning. Hopefully by that time I've sorted the auto and some driveline stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Update:

The headplate was cut but the original headplate that the drawing was made from was a little out so we are a little more out now. It is useable but I want it to be as good as it can be to avoid any possible issues. This means I have to get the head and take it to the laser cutter so he can make the CAD drawing directly from it.

1st casting of the bell housing was made. It needs tweaking. Tweaking is currently occurring.

Solid lifters partly made. Broken a tool on a radius so waiting for a new bit from the USA.

Purchased Adams old carputer so I'm starting to bling it up a little. I'm organising a monitor as we speak. It will have the usual but I'm also adding a digital TV tuner/recorder and I'm waiting on a bluetooth ODB dongle for data logging and gauges.

Have begun looking into some interior and exterior touches including different colour door and seat inserts, custom bonnet, F6 side skirts and undecided rear bumper ATM. Not sure if I'll be keeping the rear spoiler either.

Getting there.

BTW, did I mention my turbo has a 110mm compressor exducer. I get scared just thinking about winding it up :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 30d

110mm yikes... maybe instal a kettle so you can make a cuppa waiting for it to come on boost lol

Should be a wicked ride mate, I'd be scared too!

• 1 month later...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 12d

Very Interesting build Straughs,

Hope it is all coming together for you, I do not know how I have missed this thread very good reading, keep us posted!!

Edited by Buf-Phoon
quoting post directly above

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

OK time for an update.

Manifold and dump finished by Snort and they look marvelous. Some pics showing the twin 40mm Synapse w/g setup:

post-12741-126209778557_thumb.jpg post-12741-126209818444_thumb.jpg

Solid lifters needed tweaking so in the new-year, that will be happening.

Second and final casting of bellhousing done and I'll get that once Dellow reopen. RVO can start the auto trans conversion now. If we can't get the factory shifter to work nicely, I like the B&M Console Quicksilver. Would be a nice touch anyway just to remind me (and others) that it's not stock :)

Got me a new Plazmaman 1800hp I/C and 32mm alloy radiator to handle the extra heat.

Got me some billet mains caps so the bottome end needs to go back and get re-machined as it was machined for factory caps.

Injectors are going to be upgraded to the new Injector Dynamics 2200cc jobs as I've decided I want an E85 tune.

So in the new year when businesses are quite, we'll be able to get a move on in the build department.

The new year will be time to get serious. BTW, did I mention I'm running out of money. Ahhh, the joys of singledom :)