The Build Has Begun

straughsberry

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 30d

Why would a drive by delay you? Drive bys happen ever day here.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 1d

Yeah I don't know what all the fuss is about? Ahh watchamacallit. All the boolit holes made his shop a little too cold. Even his intense nutritional regime of 15,000 calories a day couldn't keep him warm enough to 'tune' all the ace cars he tunes. I hear that the only reason why he's not No.1 most honorable tuner in Japan is because they might harpoon him for research once he steps off the plane. :idunno:

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 30d

Looool. Reckon held talk the pilot into letting him tune real jet.

• Member For: 12y 9m 25d

Don't tell him but I slipped some Arsenic into one of the 18 Big Macs he ordered.

Still going boys. Decided to change rods and pistons to handle 1600+hp so we can attempt to max out the turb and in case a bigger turb goes on down the line. Also getting some work done to crank and some further work to the block while it's back at the machine shop getting the new rods/pistons checked.

WOW 1600HP what type of piston and rods are you going to get? Have you changes the cast main caps or are you just relying on the girdle to keep it from walking? My pistons are rated at 250HP each but im sure they will hold a little more. What the compression ratio of this thing? Im sure you have de-compressed it more because with the standard comp ratio you will strugle to get any timing into it with 35PSI of boost.. 2 and half years in the build this thing sounds like it will be the tough..

Edited by stee3

• Donating Members

Cosworth piston and Atomic phat rod - DLM spec. Yeah billet main caps and girdle. We've calculated that the compression should be about 9.3:1. We'd like a little higher. The bottom end is being built to handle the turbo's max which should be over 45psi but we'll see how we go.

• Member For: 12y 7m 5d

I've just read this thread from start to finish, and I'm so eager to see what this thing makes. Sounds like a total weapon. You must have the patience of a Buddhist monk. Look forward to seeing this car finished mate.

• Donating Members

Cheers fellas. Must admit, I'm getting a little eager. But there's not too much we've left out of the bottom end for a streeter so getting fairly close to finally assembly on the donk after the crank and block come back for the new rod and pistons :) Hehe, started at a 500rwkw goal.

Gotta stop talking to those flamin' Queenslanders ;)