Boost And Std Injectors

seduced

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 27d

I have a C&V Tuned capa flash box for the bf2. On the 10psi tune, it will initially peak boost to 13 psi @ 3000-3300rpm before trailing back to 10. It was checked on the dyno by the previous owner to ensure the af ratio was correct (came in around 12.7) however I was under the impression the std injectors would not be able to provide enough fuel for the short 13psi peak. ALthough, the car does pull very very well without hesitation. The clutch doesn't agree though :idunno:

Will this setup be safe? Or should I invest in new injectors for peace of mind? I would need another tune though... :upsidedown:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7d

I assume that is a generic tune, mine was custom tuned by C&V and injectors were maxed out at 9 PSI higher in the rev range. So to keep it safe it hits 9 PSI then slowly comes back down to 7 as it progresses to top end.

So I find it hard to believe a spike of 13 going back down to 10 would be safe, get a custom tune...

Yep, it is a generic tune, however I called C&V and mentioned the PSI/AF ratio etc, and they believe it would be safe on the stock injectors.

It has been dynoed after it was tuned to check the figures, and the AF ratio seems fine even with the peak. Do the BF2 engines (its after the 06/06 build date so better internals) also have better injectors over previous models?

• Member For: 15y 1m 8d

One thing to rememer about injectors and their potential flow, is that they flow a certain amount fuel per minute. This basicly means that they are capable of flowing a certain amount of 'power'. What I have seen so far indicates that the stocko XRT injectors are capable of around 300 wheel kw (anyone?). So keeping this in mind, the injectors won't max out or cause a leanout until power is beyond 300kw, at any revs! A 3psi spike at 3500rpm won't push the injectors anywhere near their max duty cycle!

So IMHO there would/should be no need to get another tune, unless the guy who did the tune has no idea what he is doing and has leaned off fuel beyond your everyday max boost limit.

Do you have some sort of afr meter in the car?

Damo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 22d

iv got a bf2 ute and made 248rwkws with the 8psi generic tune c&v tune when I got it dyno'd to check the a/f. the a/f was all sweet cant remeber what it was but the guy said its fine . my cars at nizpro now geting sum stuff fixed and im getting them to do a custom tune with stock injectors . il find out today if it makes more or less .

I dont have an AF metre in the car, however it was checked after the tune and its was right where it should be across the range. This information is from the previous seller, so I was comparing it to the knowledge here to make sure the stock injectors were up to it. I have spoken to quite a few people now, and it is deemed to be safe. Any further power exploring will require new injectors.

As for your ute 6L, what other mods do you have to make 248 on 8psi? Mine will only go to 232rwkw on 8 psi, and 251rwkw on 10....mind you, that was dynoed on a very hot day...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 22d

its got a capa twin stainless 2.5" catback exhaust and a wog cooler, iv also cut out the front of the air box like a f6 . also dynoed in a hot a hell factory . but talking to nizpro they said that sort of power on stock injectors is abit risky but if the a/f is fine then I dont see a prob. anyways they are re-tuning it today .

• Under-garment member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

If tuned properly they're not that bad, I run 287rwkw & 12PSI (from memory) through mine.

My tuner wanted me to not be such a scrunge & fork out for them so he could make my tune safer & stronger but the stockies are doing okay for the mo ...

:drool:

One thing to rememer about injectors and their potential flow, is that they flow a certain amount fuel per minute. This basicly means that they are capable of flowing a certain amount of 'power'. What I have seen so far indicates that the stocko XRT injectors are capable of around 300 wheel kw (anyone?). So keeping this in mind, the injectors won't max out or cause a leanout until power is beyond 300kw, at any revs! A 3psi spike at 3500rpm won't push the injectors anywhere near their max duty cycle!

So IMHO there would/should be no need to get another tune, unless the guy who did the tune has no idea what he is doing and has leaned off fuel beyond your everyday max boost limit.

Do you have some sort of afr meter in the car?

Damo

300rwkw on stock injectors with tune only?? :drool:

Is that you Dynowog?? :drool: