Omnia Vs Iphone

daav

• Member For: 16y 6m 9d

I have omnia and I love it but hate the fact its windows based.

for better battery life change prossesor settings to energy saver heaps longer battery life.

camera takes great photos, use functions like and shake and choose photo type like landscape or portraite

when taking photo works well.

iphone has a million programs cheep or free on the app store which is awsome, if iphone had mms and video would have got that

over the omnia any day.

omnia still really good phone just needs better app based site like apple app store

• ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 23d
I have a HTC Touch Pro and love it. If you like the non keyboard iPhone style, but want windows, try the HTC Touch HD.

:stupid:, I have the HTC Touch HD and I am loving it.. There are all kinds of great Apps you can download from XDA developers for free, I wouldnt even be able to list all the ones I have on my phone! Also Ebay is your friend when buying accessories, I got my Desktop Cradle, Incar stuff, more Cases, screen protectors and a bunch more for around $75

• Member For: 17y 1m 16d

thanks for all the info, ill be going to optus today and getting the iphone, as all I will be using it for is callind, sms, internet and music, so I cant wait! subjimbo the htc touch hd looks like an awsome fone but is pretty expensive $79 cap with $62 monthly handset repayments! if it wasnt so expensive I would get it, but it looks like its the iphone for me.

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 17d

The omnia is an awsome phone, is a pig out of the box in terms of usability especially compared to the iphone.

If you want to "play" with your phone then any winmo phone will kill the iphone, if you just want a phone with a few gadgets on board then the iphone is probably a better choice

a few apps for the omnia (or any windows based phone ala HTC) to make it more usable for those that have it are :

SPB mobile shell and Phone Suite

Modaco Omnia Patched Dialer (this turns off the screen lock when you are on the phone.. bloody thing sh*t me to tears)

PCM keyboard (the same as the iPhone)

as for apps for the omnia,

The windows mobile 6.5 facebook app is tons better then the other one

Highly recomend looking in the darker places of the net for Nav-N-Go Igo 8 (Full Featured easy to use sat nav.. dont waste your time with tomtom its a pita to get workind and a sh*t interface compared to igo)

Google maps (even with sat nav on your phone its handy)

audio touch notes (voice recorder.. can record phone calls to)

Kai's bubble level - im addicted to this thing now, everything in the house is bloody level

Games

Ashphalt 4 - accelerometer based racing game

caver - not a bad game.. if you can finish the levels

Monopoly - good time waster

• ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 23d

Alright well, I thought I would list all the things I have on my HTC Touch HD.. Take note that almost all of them work on an Windows Media 6.1 Phone

Applications marked in Bold are MUST HAVE applications

System Tweaking:

Advanced Config - A system config tool for the Touch HD

HD Tweak - Another tweaking tool for your Touch HD

tnyynt SD TuneUP - a CAB file that speeds up your Storage Card Access

PHM Regedit - Registry editor for the Touch HD

SPB Backup - Used to backup all your data/settings on your phone

App2date - Some programs can be auto-updates using this program

Navigation:

Garmin Mobile XT - GPS Navigation Software

Google Maps - Self Explanitory, Dont use it too much as it has to use a 3g connection to track and download the maps

Igo8 - As iTech mentioned, great GPS app

Media:

Coreplayer - The Must have Media player for WM, I have used others like Kinoma etc, but this is by far the best

Touch HD Video Encoder - Encodes Videos to a .mp4 file for high quality playback on the Touch HD (For BEST quality, play in Media Player)

Web Video Downloader - Download Videos from Youtube, Liveleak and more

Communication:

Facebook WM 6.5 App - A Great new Facebook App!

FacebookIM - Use the Facebook Chat Function on your phone

Skype - Make VoIP calls

PowerSMS - Send Group SMS quicker, Schedule SMS, Backup and Restore ytour messages and Send yourself notes!

Misc:

RemoteTracker - Anti-Theft software for Windows Mobiles, HIGHLY Reccomended!, Send hidden commands via SMS to your phone to find the GPS location of the phone, and your able to shut it down remotely!

Bubble Level - Same app as iTec uses

VNC Viewer - Remote PC Access

Tomeraider - Ebook reader, You can download almost the whole of Wikipedia, IMDB and more and have access on your WM phone!

Pocketscreen - Take Screenshots on your PPC

Resco File Explorer - File explorer for the Touch HD

WiFiFoFum2 - Find wireless networks and the connection status, Map them using GPS ready to use in Google Earth

MyMobile - When your Phone is connected to your PC, you can use your phone using a graphical interface through your PC

GRemote - Control your PC from your phone via wireless! (Media player, Mouse Keyboard etc!)

BeMario - Uses your G-Sensor to recreate sounds from super mario when you jump!

Gyrator2 - Screen-Rotate application

Apps you use once:

FEWidgetsLite - Uses Widgets like the Samsung Omnias homescreen

These are all I can think of at the moment, Im sure there will be plenty more to come (Testing some Iphone Interfaces at the moment.. :spoton:

Enjoy!

Edited by SubJimbo