How To Remove Dash Ba/bf

SAPNEN

• Member For: 7y 2m 9d

Hi ROB83r

Yes that was just a stab in the dark from a guy at work , we are just trying to think of any ridiculous reason why it wont fire up, this doesn't look good as the first step in a huge rebuild plan?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Neutral switch on box??  Are both connections on the rear of the dash all the way in. are all the connections on the ICC in and pushed in hard. Did you need to reset the ICC self align connector

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 20d

+1 for the connectors on the ICC as Arronm said, in particular the white plug on the back .

If you grab the part of the white plug that's attached to the car and gently pull it towards you you will see the cam locks (black from memory) roll out and lock the plug sticking out.

When you reinstall the ICC it will line up and reset itself.

Be extra carefull to install it square, and check all pins are straight as they bend easily if its off centre a bit.

1 bent pin can make all dash lights dissappear, door open light flicker etc- all problems my alarm guy encountered.

Pic of bent pin for Keith

2014-09-13132012.jpg

• Like 1

Hi

I think its in properly as everything on the ICC works, I tried to reload my custom tune with the flash tuner but now its showing an error. but I left my reading glasses at work (getting old sucks), but I noticed that the air bag light on the dash was flashing 5 on then 2 on. does this mean anything. Getting to the stage where I will ask the ford dealer to come out and fix it

Hi

Can't sleep, drivers seat put back in, doesn't have air bags(haven't put passengers seat in) but I'll try anything at this stage, tried to reflash car, now showing reload failure code 1034 on the SCT 3, pulled ICC out again and checked pins in the back of the unit, all are straight, refitted ICC, now showing system code error on the ICC screen.

Hi all

Fitted passenger seat, air bag light now goes out, security code still on ICC, undid all cable connections and put them back, still no starting. I give up, I'll go to the dealer tomorrow and ask if they can fix it.

Thanks for everyone's  help I know it's hard when you can't physically see the work.

Hi all

Just thought I keep everyone up to date, Ford wont come and look at car at my place (which is 400m up the road) I arrange a tilt tray to take it there($110) Monday as they said the would work on it Tuesday, however when I took it there now they can't work on it till Friday as it needs diagnostics run on it, I feel now that I'm going to be ripped off, does anyone know what a reboot of the computer should cost.