A Woman Driver Signed for The V8 Supercars

phantomchic

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 16d

ok ok so she may be married to HIM buttttttttttttt

Leanne Tander adds girl power to V8 Supercar enduros with WSR

V8 Supercars has today welcomed a female racer into its ranks for the 2009 V8 endurance races.

Australia's top female motor racer, Leanne Tander is set to bring girl power to V8 Supercars, having earned a hotly-contested enduro drive with Wilson Security Racing (WSR) for the 2009 season.

Far from being a token female, 28-year-old Tander is a highly accomplished racer in her own right and has made a habit of outpacing most of her male counterparts in many of Australia's leading racing categories.

A fierce competitor, Tander has written herself into the record books on numerous occasions, including becoming the first woman in the world to win a Formula 3 race**.

No stranger to V8 Supercar racing, Tander spent the 2001 and 2002 seasons battling the blokes in the V8 Supercar Development Series and became the first and only woman to stand on the podium of a V8 Supercar race.

The wife of 2007 V8 Supercar Champion, Garth Tander, Mrs Tander is also relishing the opportunity to compete against her husband in this year's 500km battle at Phillip Island and the world-renowned Bathurst 1000 at Mount Panorama.

Not only will Mrs Tander take on the men, it will be husband versus wife, and Ford versus Expensive Daewoo as she climbs aboard the WSR Falcon, setting up a monumental on-track battle and compelling viewing for V8 Supercar fans.

The extraordinary Tander versus Tander battle will be the first time a married couple will race each other in V8 Supercars.

Eager to get some time behind the wheel of the Wilson Security Racing Falcon, Tander's first scheduled outing in the V8 Supercar will be in the team's upcoming test day at Queensland Raceway on Wednesday 11 March.

The 2009 V8 Supercar Championship Series' endurance events will see Tander in full race mode in the WSR Falcon for the first time at the L&H 500 Phillip Island on 11-13 September before she takes on 'the Mountain' in the prestigious Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 on 8-11 October.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 3m

Always top 5 in Formula Ford, has come within a whisker of the Australian Drivers Championship and she's already had V8 S/car experience..... :3gears:

Personally, I'd love to see her do well.......would be great for V8's too....

My biggest worry would be wether the car would let her down..... :msm:

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 24d

She's driving a FORD. Alright...Time to give her 'Hubby' a run for his money. That I'd like to see......lol.

From what I've heard she has a very competitive nature and yes, has the potential and experience to do well.

I say good on her as well and don't see it as a negative thing what so ever.

KICK AR$E!!!!

Edited by HellionXR6T