Leather Care

RIXT

• Member For: 17y 6m 4d

The ford product is a waste of space, it honestly does nothing. As above once every now and then I apply in my case Maguires leather conditioner all over, leave it to sit for a day without sitting on the seats and it comes up new. Use the same product on the interior door trims and plastics and dash.

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 16y 11m 1d

yeah I got the so called protection on mine it's crap

I use the meguries leather cleaner / conditioner it's a foam in a can works well easy to use

• Member For: 15y 3m 9d

I use a product called Auto Glym leather care cream.. It is made in the UK. It is great !! my leather seats look and smell fantastic. Not cheap, $44.00 for a small bottle. But you cant put a price on well mainained leather :B):

• Member For: 19y 2m 13d
What about cheap car seat covers for everyday use and when going out just pull them off that's what I do and the leather should stay nice and clean and not to much wear and tear

Leather when shown some respect will survive and look new after even decades of day to day use in a closed roof car.

There is a great variation in leathers used in car applications, but I understand all are anti UV treated.

Your driver's seat bolsters may crack 10 years from now, or not if left untreated; however if you treat the driver's seat at reasonable intervals with one of the recognized leather products I think even that will last in neigh on new condition indefinitely.

The thing that will get to the leather is sweat, salt, Coke, sand, coffee etc. Provided you are not in the habit of driving around without a shirt or jumping into the car when covered in salt and sand from the beach you will be fine.

A leather steering wheel is obviously subject to a lot of direct skin contact, even then though, if these items are treated with leather products, say weekly, they will last an exceedingly long time… provided you’re not of the white knuckle brigade.

Enjoy and periodically condition your leather; there is no need for seat covers.

Regards,

aa

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d

I use the Meguires wipes and they are great. One wipe per seat every 3 months and the leather in the TTG looks like it did when delivered, even with all the crap the kids do to it.