Unusual Brake Combo From Factory.

qik1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 13d
Can I ask what made you use factory brake pads and didnt upgrade the pad?

What DBA's did you get? Just the street series slotted or the 4000 series?

How come u originally ordered cross drilled and slotted rotors?

hey mate I went with the factory style pads (actually gct) because I'll mainly be doin 1/4 work & the softer compound pads they need heat to work at there best (I think correct me if I'm wrong) which is no good to me I need response there & then & keep me on the line. I realise they will wear quicker but that's a compramise I can live with. They worked alright before so I didnt really want to take the chance of getting to the drags & find that the car creeps because they cant hold me on the line.

I went with the 4000 all round mainly because they couldn't supply streets in the front rotors so I didn't have much choice. As for the drilled & slotted to be completely honest it was for w@nk value. From what ive used them very quickly today I'm over the moon but the real test will be after a couple of those 200kph + stops & a couple of months. Heads & tails above the factory setup.

BFHOON I think your right I think I remember seeing somewhere that the 4000 are anti crack.

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 2d

Well, its good news that you ended up with the 4000's!

If you had just got the street series slotted, I would think they would be fairly similar to factory disks as they are not performance orientated.

I believe that most of the 'upgraded' pads (ferodo, bendix, pbr etc) would of given you a better pedal feel and increased braking ability.

I dont think that having these would have hindered you at the track at all...

Anyways, main thing is your happy so well done!

Iv gotta do something about my stock brakes lol...

I think your probably right about the pads I should of gone for one of the performance pads I just didnt want to take the chance that they werent up to what I needed. I didnt do much research into it, it was more of a spare of the moment thing. Its cost more than I originally planned but I think im better off. I think all up its cost $900 but works paying for it for now so its all good. They look alot better than the dirty old rusty rotors & the red calipers just tidy it up nicely even though my painting skills are abit dodgy will touch up the fronts when the rotors turn up. Will give them a hammering when its all done.

I'm not really worried about braided lines as im not really gonna use it for anything but 1/4 work & it barely gets out these days for a frisky run becasue im trying to preserve it as much as possible for when we have another crack down the 1/4.

had to do the same thing with mine last time I was down there but wasnt sure if it was my crap brakes or not. I dont really want to lean on it to hard with the hand brake long trip for me with a broken tail shaft. lol will use it if I have to will know pretty quickly what I have to do when I get down there

my guess would 9 - 10 but those that have done damage to there tailshafts have done quite a few passes prior to that.

• Member For: 15y 8m 12d
After some measuring & phone calls this morning we found that I have the standard rears & the premiums on the front???? Its no one fault but what chance did we have of getting it right the first time!!!!

You don't mention what model you have, but I'm guessing it's a 2007? It's come to my attention that Ford down spec'ed the rear brakes on XR6Ts and XR8's, from the Performance 328mm down to the 303mm solids.

Its a 2007. Its all soughted I got the rotors on sunday & all I can say its the best mod ive done so far should of done it months ago. I feel alot more confident about goin down the 1/4 again & being able to pull up on goat track of a runway we have. They were the 328 sized rotors.