2010 Ford Taurus S H O

seventytwo

• Member For: 15y 3m 5d

The SHO is AWD, "based on a front wheel drive platform" (1:17). Don't think the RWD fans will be too happy with that. Starting price in the USA, ~$US38K = $AU58. Ford would save money with a global large car platform, then again, there's a large cost associated with freighting. Not sure how this is going to work out.

I'd much rather a Falcon XR6T - better snap one up asap, probably when I finish uni.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 2m 29d
For an American car it is almost passable, and has some potential. But the Euros cars kill it dead, so why would you bother.

Scotty

It's mostly European if you look at the Mondeo you'll see a lot of body styling came from there. I also see some of the styling from the XR6 in there.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 11d

Looks like ill have to keep the Ba for another 20 years,like the clever dudes that held on their xy Falcons,

Taurus doesnt inspire me !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 8m 17d

looks like a camry. id have one as a company car, but anything shy of RWD, Turbo or V8 is not going to work in australia and Ford will die in the arse like mitsubishi did with the 380. why???? cos no-one bought them. you couldnt give them away with free bingo sessions to pensioners. The things that Australians and all car enthusiasts love is the RWD platform. I give credit to the AWD Japanese cars which in their own class are good cars. But the thing that has worked is RWD. Its why the Expensive Daewoo and Falcon still sell to the performance biased owners. Its their whole allure. Imagine if ford made a great looking new Falcon, made a new EFI version of the 351 (like what GM did with the 350 chev) and put it out there as Falcons badged as 351's. Now im no marketing guru but I think they will SELL. Id sell my Turbo for a new 351 XR8. Release a 400kw GT-HO? some hate the idea of bringing out that badge for the sacred bathurst winner it was. but there are alot of other cars who won bathurst. Expensive Daewoo brought back the monaro they kept the GTS name. dont see Expensive Daewoo fans screaming over the name use. they bought heaps of them and enjoy the cars. they have a new Torana in the making, they will also sell like the clappers as its going to be RWD on a med size car like the original. Ford need to get out of this whole "how can we sell sh*t loads of these FWD cars?" Easy. by not making them at all. re-release a new good looking car, made easy for export and make a lightweight alloy OHV V8 351 that complies with new Euro standards, chev make the LS3 to new standards, so it can be done, and badge the cars 351.

that's my 2c. or bucks.

just a thought.

• Member For: 20y 11m 24d
Got any more info on the new V8

Its due in next years Mustang, 5 litres, all alloy, VVT, 7000 rpm rev limit, will be around 300kw for Mustang and XR8.

FPV will most likely make a supercharged version of it for GT.

Its codenamed Coyote in the US. There are some photos of it in a prototype Mustang engine bay getting around.

There will be a direct injection version of it in a couple of years with an extra 10% power. There's even a twin turbo ethanol injection version codenamed Bobcat that will make in excess of 370 kw and 1000nm of torque, with excellent fuel economy and low emmisions. It uses normal port injection for the petrol, but with a direct injection injector in the combustion chamber to inject ethanol into the chamber to take away heat so it can run high compression and not suffer from pinging. Just a number of things Ford are trialling at the moment to reduce emmisions and fuel consumption.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

If it goes a head and it should as the current motor is a the end of its development, the GT may just finally give the F6 a run for its money

• Member For: 20y 11m 24d
If it goes a head and it should as the current motor is a the end of its development, the GT may just finally give the F6 a run for its money

I can just picture the return of the 351GT badges, with the 351 referring to kilowatts. Hopefully it will be as underquoted as the F6 is.