Autometer Cobalt Air/fuel Ratio Guage

INFLYT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 14d

Has anyone got one of these in their car?

If so, does it glow blue like all the other guage's in the Cobalt range?

Igor.

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 11m 25d

hey mate I have one, doesnt light up like the others, its only the lights arround the outside a little dissapointing. I have only hooked it up to the power and am wondering which sensor wire to hook it up to, how did u go with that? I have heard its a black one or a grey with pink stripe?

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 10m 13d

There are two gounds, one ignition and the signal wire on the sensor. Just use a multimeter to work out which are the earths and which is the ignition that will leave you with the signal wire.

• Member For: 14y 11m 25d

yeah thanks mate

I was thinking about that but didnt really want to strip back wires I didnt need to, but only the one I need to join, looks like I may have to but, have also heard that when hooked up these arent accurate at all (being narrow bandwidth) and just flash back and foreward between rich and lean and are more annoying than good, just wondering if any one has seen then in action??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m

I have got a cobalt air / fuel gauge fitted to my ba xr6 t. Its bounces from lean to rich whilst driving, however when you put your foot into it it will stay at the rich - storch area for a few seconds before going back to bouncing....How accurate it is I am not sure!! Hard to read during the day though with glair as it not to bright

• Member For: 15y 3m 10d

I just installed my cobalts as well, Mine doesnt light up was a bit dissapointed but it would probably make it hard to see the leds if it did. Mine seems to work ok, they will bounce at crusing speeds they are meant to as the pcm constantly adjusts mixtures etc trying to get the car to run efficiently. As soon as its under load at wot it seems very accurate and reflects how the afrs looked on the dyno more or less so im happy with mine. All I wanna know is that its green when I boot it so my motor doesnt lean out and im happy so it does the job I need it for.

My sensor wire connected to the grey wire on the 02 sensor in a bf2 xr6t auto, I tried the black first as directed by most posts I found when I searched but had no luck, found one person suggesting the grey and it worked straight up. I didnt use a multimeter as I read a warning if you used the incorrect one it would destroy your sensor I know nothing about electronics so I dont know how true it is but didnt want to risk it.