Crapri Drag Car

Tocchi

• Member For: 15y 9m 2d

Hey guys, are these fair prices?

Also tempted to source 328mm rear brakes if I can find some

Yup. That transmission is cheap. I’m tempted to buy it but one BF taxi is about to become a Camry and the transmissions in the other two are working perfectly.

The diff is an ok price. Cheapskates like me have figured out to pay $100-150 for an AU diff and relocate one of the handbrake brackets, but not a lot of people have figured that out. Keep advertising that on Gumtree and someone will eventually pay the $500 for it.

All this sort of stuff is selling very, very slowly this year on Gumtree. People aren’t buying stuff. You’ll get $500 for the diff and $300 for the transmission, but it might take some time. List them on Gumtree with photos. At least once a week delete the adverts and re-post them so that they are back at the start of the list again (ie date order).

PM sent re 328mm rear brakes.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d

$20 to get my bearings replaced - took them to Ford :)

Score ff5a2f4df50dc210166f4d75ab929bc9.jpg

I brought a full set of bearings, retainers and oil seals from ford in baudesert QLD about $230 bucks later, then asked if they can press new ones on said yes then said that will be $140 bucks. Just laughed at the girl and told her last set I got done at ford in Proserpine nth QLD charged me $20 to do the pair then come back we can do it for $70. I walked out bloody joke for 10mins work Edited by CHLAXN

I brought a full set of bearings, retainers and oil seals from ford in baudesert QLD about $230 bucks later, then asked if they can press new ones on said yes then said that will be $140 bucks. Just laughed at the girl and told her last set I got done at ford in Proserpine nth QLD charged me $20 to do the pair then come back we can do it for $70. I walked out bloody joke for 10mins work

How did the bearings cost $230?

I pay $27.50 for each Timken 2985 bearing kit (ie $55 for both sides). The Timken bearing kits are known for lasting the longest.

Replacing rear axle bearings on a ute or wagon is a an easy job. The only challenging part is getting the rear discs off if they're rusted on, but I found that a gear puller makes that part easy as well.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/90489-2007-fpv-tornado-ute-tinkering-setup/page-2#entry1552015

FPV_Tornado_Ute_19_5_7_2015.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_21_5_7_2015.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_42_5_7_2015.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_43_5_7_2015.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_44_5_7_2015.jpg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d

What you mean how did it cost $230 something lol? Pretty easy that's what they charged.

F64F7E98-093B-42C5-A767-B4C2C59EA7EE.jpg

If I had a 20T press in the back yard I would do it myself but I don't unfortunately

I brought a full set of bearings, retainers and oil seals from ford in baudesert QLD about $230 bucks later, then asked if they can press new ones on said yes then said that will be $140 bucks. Just laughed at the girl and told her last set I got done at ford in Proserpine nth QLD charged me $20 to do the pair then come back we can do it for $70. I walked out bloody joke for 10mins work

Call the place back. Speak with the most senior person possible. Tell them that you won't be a customer there ever again.

We all try to make a profit. But $230 for bearings that anyone can buy for around $60 is getting a tad carried away.

Pressing them on with a press takes seconds. Considering what they charged you for the bearings, they should have offered that for free straight away.

Scenic Motors ripped you off. Big time.

What you mean how did it cost $230 something lol? Pretty easy that's what they charged.

If I had a 20T press in the back yard I would do it myself but I don't unfortunately

These days I've got a press at home, but when I used to have rear axle bearings done at a workshop it cost me $130 per side.

Condolences that it cost you so much. Not trying to be a smart arse - I would have said to find a taxi workshop and pay their rates.

Or, remove axles at home, cut bearings off and any workshop with a press (eg suspension place) would have pressed on new bearings for minimal cash or beer. It literally takes seconds.

I'm currently on my third ute in 12 months. On each one I've replaced the rear axle bearings because it's so cheap and easy to do at home.

Do a search on eBay for Timken 2985. Print the results take that to the Ford dealership. Ask how the bloody hell they can justify $230.

$30.92 each, including postage:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Timken-Wheel-Beraing-Kit-KIT2985-/141776940160?hash=item2102906c80

$60 for the pair, including postage:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-REAR-WHEEL-BEARING-KIT-HOLDEN-COMMODORE-VR-VS-NO-IRS-UTE-VG-VP-UTE-2985-/200902207547?hash=item2ec6b4683b

Call the dealership. Give 'em hell.

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 24d

Removed N/A BTR last night, I'll install Turbo BTR & Cooper Stall on Friday morning.

I have 5L of trans fluid, so I think I'll need to walk to my local repco for more, given I'm draining it and putting a filter kit through it.

I'll grab a transmission mount while there.

Fitted up my 322mm setup, DBA T3, PMU NS400, PMU GFour fluid.

Cheers Aidan & Luke for sorting me with these, now I just need 328mm BF XR6T rears

35e6497a64b8cf569a27ef007e525948.jpg

• Like 5