Car Audio - Sound And Music Or More?

smicky

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 2d

:blush:

Thanks guys... I try to help out where I can...

Was a long day/night and rushed job - but with a few extra posts we managed to get there in the end I think... Cant believe it is still being read!

Just havent had any where near as much time recently - to much going on with running the business and stuff!

Glad I can be of some use on here!

(God knows there is no way it would be as a pretty face in any other instance)...

:blush:

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m 12d

Great post mate.Helped me some what but now I'm stuck.

I have just hooked up a 4 chanel amp but I am having trouble with hooking up front speakers, due to not being able to find a way to connect to the loom inside the car. I'm running the speakers to the amp then back again. Any suggestions?

• Member For: 17y 10m 24d
Another thing to add is that for every 3dB in volume you have to double the power output.

So if your fully sic subwoofer is doofing out 150dB max with your 1000wrms amp to get to 153dB you need 2000wrms

For every 6dB (close enough to it anyway) we perceive as being twice as loud.

Other ways to gain 3db is to add another woofer running that same power. Or what they called loading.. eg -: palcing the woofer towards a hard surface.. Eg facing you home speaker so that they are facing the wall with about 4 inch's between the two... If you load it straight into a right angel corner with the same spacng you will gin 6db.... Just a few tricks that we used to use in Db comps...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m

Great post mate.Helped me some what but now I'm stuck.

I have just hooked up a 4 chanel amp but I am having trouble with hooking up front speakers, due to not being able to find a way to connect to the loom inside the car. I'm running the speakers to the amp then back again. Any suggestions?

Druid I dont know that Smicky is still with us.

Poor bastard had some trouble a few months back and well we havent seen him here since.

Check out the Small Biz Section and you might be able to track down some help.

Hi did own an IT and AV company so im sure whoever has it now might be able to assist you.

• 3 weeks later...