Ba Diff Bush Instructional

bda12pleaseu

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 10m 4d

Hey guys,

So I bit the bullet and gave it a crack. I used to pedders Bush and spend the best part of 2 days getting it done. Worst part is defiantly undoing the bolts (as I had no ramps, just squeezed under!). The next was getting the old bush out. Used the technique described, (drilling a hole into the center and turning to break in out, came off easy as it was already broken into pieces). But when I tried the hole saw it just kept grabbing and I couldn't get it so cut in. So grabbed a butane torch, a spoon and a breathing mask and attacked it. Heated the spoon till red hot then just scooped it through the old bush, piece by piece! MAGIC! worked a charm, then got a little wire brush on the drill and cleaned up the insode no worries.

After battling getting the new bush in, I got it all back together but still have my freakin clunk and backlash ahaha. At least I didn't waste $650 on getting someone to do it for me, and the bush needed to get done anyway.

So now I am still chasing the backlash issue, next is to check diff, tailshaft (uni's) and gear box mount.

the battle continues....

(will post a few pics when I get the chance)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

I just did my diff bush.

it sounds bad BUT ITS THE EASY WAY 1 1/2 hours and the jobs done :verysad: we cut hole's for intercooler pipe so.

Just take the spare wheel out cut a nice hole with a eg air saw , get the old bush out put the new one in I can get them from www.superpropoly.com for under $100 .

Then make a nice patch to cover the hole sikaflex and revert on then some paint all done ..

PS next time you need to do it just take the patch off .

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

Interesting Idea, how did you go about changing the diff bush through this hole.

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

Easy the hole was 12cm+12cm and for the bush I just got a hole saw to get the rubber out, then the air saw to cut a sice in the old metal outer of the bush air chisel it out, take care not to cut through the housing of the sub frame.

There are varies techniques to get the bush .

Paint both side of the the well then put the patch on so it will not rust......I only had black paint at home so black it was , you dont see it .

Edited by STEVE_BAXR

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 11m 16d

Have just done the bush install.

The new center nolathane bush slipped into the housing really easy. I also replaced the two smaller bushes with OEM ones at either side of the diff support arms.

Should they just push in by hand easily? Or do they need to be pulled into position by the bolt?

I am noticing a bit of driveline noise and getting a bit of a clunck when I acellarate fast/brake, as if the bush is allowing a bit of movement.

Anyone had a similar issue?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...