Ba Diff Bush Instructional

bda12pleaseu

• Member For: 15y 4m 23d

I wish I had seen this yesterday,I took my T up to the local gearbox and diff workshop only to find the centre seal is leaking.To repair and put new new mounts and to change oil in both I reckon I wont get much change out of a G.Aw well it has to be done ...

• Member For: 16y 3m 9d
Have not got around to doing it yet! I need to get some ramps, a spare pair of hands and a 70mm hole saw....only have a 65mm or 80mm at home, will either of those suffice as I haven't measured myself? Drilling a 100mm in the boot well seems very tempting also!!

hey I cant see a prob with you using a a 65mm one just means there will be a little bit more rubber to grind out but the 80mm one wont fit.

I thought about putting a hole in the s/wheel tub but I didnt see it as much of an advantage maybe a smaller hole so u can remove bolt but that's it.

remember u still have to plug the hole.

if you do be sure to let us know if its a better way...

• Member For: 21y 1m 23d

Yeah my BA manual has only done 40K and was banging and clunking really badly so I took it for a diff overhaul and 3 new bushes. They were all gone but the centre one was totalled. Car feels like new again. Frord created a big problem for us owners with this setup and the dealers make matters worse by denying the problem and saying its all "normal".

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 25d

I was goin to give this a crack, but dont have time ATM and not sure if I could be bothered. But my diff has been clunky really badly of late. Got a quote to get it done and they were going to replace it with an updated 1 from a BF. does that sound right? He is only charging $450 installed.

I own a BA MKII Turbo auto...

Where does one buy the "Nolathane bush kit" for my car?

Please advice part number and approx price...

I'm in Melbourne.

Thanks...

hey,

most auto parts store I.e autone autopro basically anyone other then sca(wouldnt give them nothing imo) would have them or can get it...

price was $160 approx and the part number is 49159

I can install in newcastle in 1 day for $600 drive away if ppl are interested pm me.

cheers cameron

Edited by bda12pleaseu

I was goin to give this a crack, but dont have time ATM and not sure if I could be bothered. But my diff has been clunky really badly of late. Got a quote to get it done and they were going to replace it with an updated 1 from a BF. does that sound right? He is only charging $450 installed.

hell,

if you can get it done for that your mad not to jus be sure its a good bush not some no frills brand...