Ba Diff Bush Instructional

bda12pleaseu

• Member For: 20y 3m 25d

Hi gents,

With 46000km on the clock with a fairly well looked after car my bushes are due for replacement.centre 1 stuffed. At what km is it normally expected. Been quoted 600 from local diff rep 700 from ford.

Under advice I’m told the new ford replacement part is prob the best option nicer ride less likely to squeak ECT.

Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 11m 7d

hello ppl can anyone who has cut a hole in the boot well tell me when getting the old bush out was the cars weight still on the wheels or jacked up wheels off the ground when removing the old bush just trying to plan my job befor I start on the weekend to take as little time as possible installing the new bush also whats the best size hole ppl have found if I make it the 5mm bigger than the bush should that be enough

cheers trev

• 5 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 24d

Well I just had mine done on my 07 Rspec BF (Ford haven't fixed the problem with the BF either), worst part the Ford dealer are trying to charge me $600 labour and $450 parts plus also found the passenger side wheel bearing was loose, Ford Mechanic said the axle lock nut had never been tightened properly from new. this was another $131 in parts and another $100 labour, I have been complaining about this noise in the diff for the last 3 years the dealer has never picked up what the problem was. I am bringing this up with Ford NZ if I have no luck with the dealer taking some responsibility for this whilst the car was under warranty.. (funny how they can find it outside of warranty).

• 6 months later...
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

IMHO, if you doing the rear bush you should also replace the two front diff mounting bushes. In doing this you need to remove the two outriggers from the diff, once they are removed the only thing retaining the diff in the cradle is the drive shafts, if you remove the upper control arm inner bolts you can swing the hub carrier out and lever the CV's out of the housing. The diff will then lift out.

If you go to that extent, replace the diff output seals as well (only about $7ea from Ford) Changing the hat would only ad aprox 1hr to the time taken to replace the bushes. You could even stand the diff on the input flange and change the hat without replacing the diff oil, but you'd need to be a muppet to do that!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d
  • Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Have the nolathane in my territory.  Quite as s mouse.  Not sure if I would use it in a high powered car.  To much deflection