Important - Bf2 Shocks/springs Will Not Fit Earlier Models

Erko

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

They will, however the bottom of the front struts (clevis bracket) is narrower than BA/BF so you'll have to modify that with some spacers. Get this done professionally though - and it should work!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

They will fit, however they won't lower the car as much as you think. I can 't remember the difference off th top of my head, but don't fit them, you'll be dissapointed

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 10m 23d

You can use BA - BFI shock and spring together in a BFII but must be both shock and spring at the same time. The BFII sring has a larger diameter then the BA-BFI. The BF shock and spring will not fit in BA-BFI.

I found this out due to Bilstien not making a shock for BFII yet that's why my car is fitted with BA-BFI Bilstein shocks and king springs and my stock shock has been sent to Bilstien for them to make a shock to suit.

hey mate hey how r ya, this guy I know is trying to sell me a set of Bilstien shocks and springs for $1000 buks cause he had them in his car but it is twisted and has a lean and needs adjustable ones. aprantly havent been drivin in, is this a good price or I was reading your blog saying they didn't build one for bf11? we both have bf mk11 tornado utes

• Member For: 13y 10m 23d

hey mate hey how r ya, this guy I know is trying to sell me a set of Bilstien shocks and springs for $1000 buks cause he had them in his car but it is twisted and has a lean and needs adjustable ones. aprantly havent been drivin in, is this a good price or I was reading your blog saying they didn't build one for bf11? we both have bf mk11 tornado utes

sorry mate forgot to say they are coilovers

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 5m 24d

SOO, I bought some lovells front springs off a guy on here, he has them in a bf mk2 xr6 turbo ute which is plated june/2007, mine is a bf mk2 xr6 turbo ute which is plated dec/07, on the lovells part list these springs are the part number to suit a BA or BF mk1 Xr6 or xr6T ute, yet they fitted also into the june plated BF Mk2 ute, lowering it ofcourse which is what I am trying to achieve, I have put these springs into my ute Dec/07 as seeming the fitted in the earlier one they should fit mine but do not, instead it has raised my ute?? can someone please explain why this would be?

Cheers Jase

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

There is no hard and fast rule as to where the struts changed over - it would seem that you have the later BF2 struts and the original owner had the earlier BF1 and BA struts

• 4 months later...