Important - Bf2 Shocks/springs Will Not Fit Earlier Models

Erko

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 15d

Guys a quick heads up. Initially we thought it was just the springs in the BF2 that were different to BF1 and BA.

Well, due to RUSSF6 learning the hard way we now know that BF2 Shocks - ie. R Spec type will not fit the earlier models. The Shock body is about 3 inches longer on the BF2 resulting in a very high ride height when fitted to earlier model cars. This relates to OEM FPV/Ford parts.

Cheers

Rob

• Like 1

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 12d

How long as in hours did it take to find out??

And pat.. why didnt we know this earlier

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 15d

You can use BA - BFI shock and spring together in a BFII but must be both shock and spring at the same time. The BFII sring has a larger diameter then the BA-BFI. The BF shock and spring will not fit in BA-BFI.

I found this out due to Bilstien not making a shock for BFII yet that's why my car is fitted with BA-BFI Bilstein shocks and king springs and my stock shock has been sent to Bilstien for them to make a shock to suit.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 15d

ok I should clarify this. technically, they will fit. HOWEVER, the ride height is abnormally high as the shock body is 3 inches longer. When I sold these shocks to Russ the information I had was that the BF2 SPRINGS would not fit, however the shocks would. Here is the thread :

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...8&hl=shocks

Russ had his guy fit them up (the shocks fit) however ride height was very high....when they did not settle, Russ took them back and pulled them out. At that point, they compared to the BA shock and noted the significant difference in length.

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 3m 27d

Koni now make the red "special" single adjustables for the BFII front............part number: 82-2535SP1.

The BA/BFI part number is 82-2535. These have a lower spring seat than the BFII.

The BFII part apparently has a circlip and 2 spring seat positions, so it could be used for either model. Will be picking them up this week and will advise if different to what I have been told.

The cost is an extra $50 a pair (approx $650).

Edited by Smoke them tyres

• 3 months later...
  • Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 10d

If you change a complete strut (like your coilovers) then yes they will fit.

One of the first FGs we had got BA Struts and springs, it sat exactly how we wanted it.