Sign in to follow this  
Erko

Important - Bf2 Shocks/springs Will Not Fit Earlier Models

Guys a quick heads up. Initially we thought it was just the springs in the BF2 that were different to BF1 and BA.

Well, due to RUSSF6 learning the hard way we now know that BF2 Shocks - ie. R Spec type will not fit the earlier models. The Shock body is about 3 inches longer on the BF2 resulting in a very high ride height when fitted to earlier model cars. This relates to OEM FPV/Ford parts.

Cheers

Rob

How long as in hours did it take to find out??

And pat.. why didnt we know this earlier

I got told by alot of people that they would take a day or so to drop down but after a week they were still the same height.

Russ

You can use BA - BFI shock and spring together in a BFII but must be both shock and spring at the same time. The BFII sring has a larger diameter then the BA-BFI. The BF shock and spring will not fit in BA-BFI.

I found this out due to Bilstien not making a shock for BFII yet that's why my car is fitted with BA-BFI Bilstein shocks and king springs and my stock shock has been sent to Bilstien for them to make a shock to suit.

ok I should clarify this. technically, they will fit. HOWEVER, the ride height is abnormally high as the shock body is 3 inches longer. When I sold these shocks to Russ the information I had was that the BF2 SPRINGS would not fit, however the shocks would. Here is the thread :

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...8&hl=shocks

Russ had his guy fit them up (the shocks fit) however ride height was very high....when they did not settle, Russ took them back and pulled them out. At that point, they compared to the BA shock and noted the significant difference in length.

Koni now make the red "special" single adjustables for the BFII front............part number: 82-2535SP1.

The BA/BFI part number is 82-2535. These have a lower spring seat than the BFII.

The BFII part apparently has a circlip and 2 spring seat positions, so it could be used for either model. Will be picking them up this week and will advise if different to what I have been told.

The cost is an extra $50 a pair (approx $650).

Edited by Smoke them tyres

I have a BA MKII with pedders coilovers all round would I be able to put these on a BF MKII or would I have to get a whole new set?

If you change a complete strut (like your coilovers) then yes they will fit.

One of the first FGs we had got BA Struts and springs, it sat exactly how we wanted it.

They will, however the bottom of the front struts (clevis bracket) is narrower than BA/BF so you'll have to modify that with some spacers. Get this done professionally though - and it should work!

They will fit, however they won't lower the car as much as you think. I can 't remember the difference off th top of my head, but don't fit them, you'll be dissapointed

You can use BA - BFI shock and spring together in a BFII but must be both shock and spring at the same time. The BFII sring has a larger diameter then the BA-BFI. The BF shock and spring will not fit in BA-BFI.

I found this out due to Bilstien not making a shock for BFII yet that's why my car is fitted with BA-BFI Bilstein shocks and king springs and my stock shock has been sent to Bilstien for them to make a shock to suit.

hey mate hey how r ya, this guy I know is trying to sell me a set of Bilstien shocks and springs for $1000 buks cause he had them in his car but it is twisted and has a lean and needs adjustable ones. aprantly havent been drivin in, is this a good price or I was reading your blog saying they didn't build one for bf11? we both have bf mk11 tornado utes

hey mate hey how r ya, this guy I know is trying to sell me a set of Bilstien shocks and springs for $1000 buks cause he had them in his car but it is twisted and has a lean and needs adjustable ones. aprantly havent been drivin in, is this a good price or I was reading your blog saying they didn't build one for bf11? we both have bf mk11 tornado utes

sorry mate forgot to say they are coilovers

SOO, I bought some lovells front springs off a guy on here, he has them in a bf mk2 xr6 turbo ute which is plated june/2007, mine is a bf mk2 xr6 turbo ute which is plated dec/07, on the lovells part list these springs are the part number to suit a BA or BF mk1 Xr6 or xr6T ute, yet they fitted also into the june plated BF Mk2 ute, lowering it ofcourse which is what I am trying to achieve, I have put these springs into my ute Dec/07 as seeming the fitted in the earlier one they should fit mine but do not, instead it has raised my ute?? can someone please explain why this would be?

Cheers Jase

There is no hard and fast rule as to where the struts changed over - it would seem that you have the later BF2 struts and the original owner had the earlier BF1 and BA struts

Sorry to drag this up, but will FG XR6 ute springs and shocks fit into a BA XR6 ute? I can get hold of some "very" low ks FG XR6 gear.

Rear is all the same, front will not work.

Edit: Technically speaking the springs will work, as in they will fit into the front struts however they will be waayyyyyyyy to short and you might as well not run any springs....So don't do it.

As mentioned though, the rear springs and shocks will fit just fine

Thanks. What if I used the whole front strut off the FG? No fit?? Not worried about the rear springs, only fitted new ones recently.