Xr6t Ute - Lpg Conversion

rsracing_com_au

• Member For: 15y 2m 7d

Hi, I'm looking a getting a BA-BF XR6T Ute and converting to LPG. I need some advice on the best gas injection kit to fit. Also, if anyone has stats on LPG/ULP fuel consumption it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Ryan Seaman

www.rsracing.com.au

• Member For: 16y 6m 8d

I had my BA Turbo Ute converted to LPG Vapour Injection....took a while to get it tuned right ended up having to put big gas injectors, Bigger Fuel lines, 2x 400hp Converters and ended up getting 275 rwkw out of it.If I had to do it all again I'd probably go Liquid Gas injection, install is much cleaner and you can get more power out of it.As for Fuel economy I get 330km per tank city driving and 390km on the highway and that's from 65 Useable ltrs.Not bad for $23.

• Member For: 15y 2m 7d

Thanks, I've currently got an EL 340,000+km and my LPG fuel economy isn't much better than that. I'm debating whether to go for an XR8 or the XR6T? I travel 140km round trip to work every day and tow an enclosed motorbike trailer interstate to go 125GP racing. The trailer weighs about 500-600kg fully loaded so its not heavy but its over long distances, eg; adelaide to vic, nsw and qld. would the XR6T have any problems with this?