V8 Supercars 2009

phantomchic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 8d

Pretty sure lowndsy was locked up too, that's why he clipped Tander as well ( I was sitting at the 1st chicane watching and wincing) but I think a black flag was excessive and they should have left him in third where he ended up after it and he would have still been in with a chance. And I wouldn't be too worried about the telecast to O.S Tab, if you have watched the NASCAR races their stewards decisions are puzzling and the driving is far worse and rougher than our drivers considering the speeds they are doing. All in all there was some great racing though.

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 28d

It was obvious that when lowndes had that bad start (all that wheelspin) Ingall saw the window to gain a spot and gunned it, lowndes tried to regain some ground lost and gunned it as well. So both of them went into the first corner waaay too hot and both locked it up, lowndes lost control and took out ingalls side causing the spin. Unfortunate yes, but that's racing. A drive-through penalty on a 34 lap short track with hardly any overtaking opportunities is too harsh. His race was over in that instance.

Frosty's performance was exceptional. Brilliant driving, and he was dead tired!

• Member For: 16y 2m 24d

I think the black flag was a way of them trying to fix their f*ck up of a unneccessary regrid as it was bloody unfair on Frosty. He had an awesome start and to lose it would be more harsh than the black flag that the Expensive Daewoo luva Lowndes got.

• Member For: 14y 5m 19d

I can't believe the crap that went on with this restart.Ingall and tander had no regard for anyone with the speed they were trying to enter the chicane both should have gotten drive through.Had either of them been leading the championship there is no way they would have tried to take the chicane at that speed.Tander had no intention of going through chicane if you look at where he is positioned. Ingall was whining but realy his stupidity ended his race.Contact in the front of ingalls car was from another commadore after he used frosty's rear bumper to help him stop and it didn't come off.The rules should say no stupid manuvers on the first lap.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 17d

Anyone going to Homebush 500 tomorrow? I've got some tickets with pit pass so I'm heading out for a long weekend.

Saw some footage of the cars going round tonight, sounds loud! :stupid:

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d

Im heading out tomorrow & Sunday, should be a good weekend from the look of it. :stupid:

Edited by mercuryturbo