V8 Supercars 2009

phantomchic

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

What other manufactures? Only one I can think of is Toyota.

And it's not like Expensive Daewoo will be able to change the rules to there advantage.

I don't see the big deal.

• Member For: 17y 7m 19d

What other manufactures? Only one I can think of is Toyota.

And it's not like Expensive Daewoo will be able to change the rules to there advantage.

I don't see the big deal.

:laughing::roflmbo::roflmbo::roflmbo:

So you're one of these people who don't really pay attention to the sport then.

For one, you've got Toyota, BMW, Merc, Chrystler, Jag and anyone who produces a 4 door V8 as a potential participant.

But as far as the rule changes go, you may need to check the sport's history to see how Expensive Daewoo have had the rules manipulated to suit them over the years. And not just in V8s, look at what they did to production car racing with their Monaros (which esentially killed the sport's popularity).

BRING BACK GROUP C!

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 27d

None of those brands will enter tmac. What sort of company would enter a series where the only thing on their car that would resemble one of their products was a body shell? Why invest hundreds of thousands into a dying series with mind-bending rules that change at every meet, only to be told that you have to share chassis, suspension, gearbox, diff, brakes, wheels with your competitors and it has to be certain dimensions....oh but you can put your body shell on it and run one of your own engines, but the engine has to be 5L and be within pages of restrictions and its not allowed to out-power anything from holden. Oh, and if you get out in front before the first corner, we will reset the grid. No racing allowed.

Yeah. where do they sign up? they must be banging on the office doors of v8sc...

Face it. V8SC is dying fast. I doubt they'll make it to 2012...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 7d

I went to surfers to support the V8's, not just sit on the forums winging about how crap the racing is now and it was an awesome weekend. I suport the blue oval and I think Lowndes deserved some sort of penalty for the sh*t he caused in the first chicane and dont know why everyone is whining as winterbottom in his FPR drove his ass of and won the last race and was the standout of the weekend I thought. didn't like the way wincup ended the race for two cars with his overtaking...expected a little more from him, but on a whole it was a great weekend of racing even from the aussie cars and the formula fords and the sound of the legends cars was awesome. :3gears:

• Member For: 17y 7m 19d

None of those brands will enter tmac. What sort of company would enter a series where the only thing on their car that would resemble one of their products was a body shell? Why invest hundreds of thousands into a dying series with mind-bending rules that change at every meet, only to be told that you have to share chassis, suspension, gearbox, diff, brakes, wheels with your competitors and it has to be certain dimensions....oh but you can put your body shell on it and run one of your own engines, but the engine has to be 5L and be within pages of restrictions and its not allowed to out-power anything from holden. Oh, and if you get out in front before the first corner, we will reset the grid. No racing allowed.

Yeah. where do they sign up? they must be banging on the office doors of v8sc...

Face it. V8SC is dying fast. I doubt they'll make it to 2012...

In it's present format, I couldn't agree more. But if they went back to a group C type formula (modified production cars, capped budgets), then they do have a chance of attracting more manufacturers.

On the topic of Surfer's, sure the atmosphere at any V8 Supercar race is great, but that doesn't escape the fact that the sport has limited life, and limited appeal compared to the glory days of mixed manufacturers, capacities and configurations, etc. The Surfer's track would have to be the worst used in the year, with next to no overtaking opportunities, hence the carnage.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 7d

More manufacturers would be great I think and if the V8's get as much support as they did on the weekend then they will live on. Surfers might not be the best for overtaking but it provides the spectators with lots of action and great views of the track, and more people = more money and more sponsorship $$ for the sport. Eventually supercars are going to have to evolve again, they have gone through a few transformations through the years and I don't think any of them have hurt the racing. And yes rules change, the biggest to handicap the GTR nissans back in the day. If it does go to a uniform chassis design or engine it will just make it easier for other manufacturers to join so it cant be bad and lets face it there isnt much on the cars now that is on the road cars except panel shape. Anyways if its motor racing I will still love and support it and if it has a blue oval on the front as it crosses the finish line first even better

post-32023-125651845311_thumb.jpg

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 29d

I think Lowndes deserved some sort of penalty for the sh*t he caused in the first chicane

Dunno...the vision from the front clearly showed Ingall lock a brake, hence Lowndes running up his arse. Given that is the case a drive-through is absolute bullsh*t. But then even so, penalise him if you feel the need but why reset the grid and leave Ingall at the back if he's the assumed innocent party?

None of it makes sense no matter how you look at it. And to think this was being broadcast OS as part of the whole Super GP thing - hopefully none of them tuned in to actually watch it for Australia's sake! :buttrock: