• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 2d

He did say AWD, I imagine it would be acouple hundred kilos lighter. If you could put up with the American inbred styling then it may be OK.

Scotty

• Member For: 20y 11m 24d

Probably no weight difference at all, the Taurus is actually bigger than the Falcon, plus AWD mechanicals add weight. AWD is sh*t anyway as its FWD biased.

From what I've heard internally Ford have ditched the idea of ever going FWD in Oz anyway, they know it will bomb.

IMG_1446-72-1.jpg

I told him Ford wouldn't be in such bad shape over here if they had brought the XR6 to the US 4 years ago. He said he's just the designer of this car, but he thought I was right. He hopes the SHO fills all the needs of the Australian Ford owners because the SHO is going to be faster than the stock XR6. Here's a couple vids one of my car club buds took while we were checking out the thing.

The designer said Ford is going to a one world car, I know that's not good news for you guys, but he said it may take a while for the SHO to get down there though. :(

It will be slower than the XR6 Turbo though, and it has no higher performance version that could match the F6.

Luckily the V6 was cancelled for Falcon as it would have meant no turbo version at all, Ford US will be flat out supplying their market for the EcoBoost V6 and they would have had no excess supply to send down here, so the XR6 Turbo would have been no more. Fords plan was to move ahead without a turbo 6, the only turbo in the range would have been a 205kw EcoBoost 2 litre 4 cylinder economy version. Luckily that was ditched along with the V6 too.

• Member For: 15y 3m 5d
AWD is sh*t anyway as its FWD biased.

Doubt it, if you can bias to FWD, you can also bias to RWD - which is the obvious choice for a performance model. Ford f*cked up with a FWD biased AWD Lincoln, they're not gonna make the same mistake again, esp. after barely surviving recession.

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 21d
the reliability of jap fwd cars cant be matched. my opinion is that the ae92 corolla and camry are UNKILLABLE. who wants to have a daily driver like and xr6 or anything similar when they just f*ck up all the time. its inevitable. ive had my sh*tbox rolla for 3 years and have done NOTHING but fill the oil up (never even put a drop of water in it). still goes like new. (doesnt look or smell like it though). macho this or whatever, small displacement fwd cars will take over. the animals are for the weekend.

Ummm except for general tinnyness, sun & heat effected plastic and interior trim, sh!t paintwork, head gaskets, timing belts, CVs etc, and the fact that they are ugly plain boring as batsh!t ill handling gutless mass produced crap tins.

There are still plenty of old dunnydores and Falcons getting about that have done plenty of miles without dying. If you want to look at the reliability issues tell me about the hideous Toyoya Avalon, or the lack of popularity when Toyota tried to make a Taxi Pack what a joke that turned out to be, while all along the Falcons still get a million plus ks one the same engine.

Unfortunately what you say re 4 cylinders has an element of truth in it for the vast majority of the population influenced by Greenies and marketing campaigns more so than reality. I can get 7.5 ltrs per 100klm from my car at 100-105 on cruise. The difference is I have room, stlye, handling, stopping, style again, and if I want to zip past something I don't have to wait 2 minutes for something to happen.

Also many of the Euros have equalled and/or surpassed the Japanese butter boxes in price, finish and reliability. Oh and the XRs and FPVs don't fark up all the time, the powered up and edited perhaps strain away at the arse end, but keep it in perspective and enjoy your batsh!t boring Corolla. There will always be drivers who like and can afford to buy and run real cars. Depends whether you want transport or a car really.

Edited by hypnodoc

Doubt it, if you can bias to FWD, you can also bias to RWD - which is the obvious choice for a performance model. Ford f*cked up with a FWD biased AWD Lincoln, they're not gonna make the same mistake again, esp. after barely surviving recession.

If Ford went AWD from the Taurus, they will take whatever Ford US give them. If an AWD system is FWD biased then that's the way it would stay.

Ford have been using FWD biased AWD systems in their large cars for a few years now, since the Ford 500 from earlier in the decade, do you think they would change it to suit a few thousand a month in Australia? Hell no.

But it looks like Ford Oz may go it alone on a new Falcon anyway, with a possible platform share with the Mustang. I've heard someone say they will give it one more go and if it doesn't succeed there won't be another new one come 2020 or whenever that may be. They know there is no point going FWD now as it will just put a bigger nail in the coffin. Cheaper to stick with what they have too.