Falcon's Future In Doubt

NB4C

• Member For: 15y 5m 3d

the reliability of jap fwd cars cant be matched. my opinion is that the ae92 corolla and camry are UNKILLABLE. who wants to have a daily driver like and xr6 or anything similar when they just f*ck up all the time. its inevitable. ive had my sh*tbox rolla for 3 years and have done NOTHING but fill the oil up (never even put a drop of water in it). still goes like new. (doesnt look or smell like it though). macho this or whatever, small displacement fwd cars will take over. the animals are for the weekend.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 3d
the reliability of jap fwd cars cant be matched. my opinion is that the ae92 corolla and camry are UNKILLABLE. who wants to have a daily driver like and xr6 or anything similar when they just f*ck up all the time. its inevitable. ive had my sh*tbox rolla for 3 years and have done NOTHING but fill the oil up (never even put a drop of water in it). still goes like new. (doesnt look or smell like it though). macho this or whatever, small displacement fwd cars will take over. the animals are for the weekend.

hi buddy I had one of them great car the AE95 corolla ,I found that if you fit a auto meter monster tacho your fuel consumption improves.The old days when driving along switching the car off pumping the accelerator 5 or 6 times then switching it back on.The flames from the back of the exhaust were a real head turner use to tell everyone it was the turbo cooling down.Cheers Nick

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d
That's nice.

No doubt you lick your windows too. :blink:

:3gears:

I found that if you fit a auto meter monster tacho your fuel consumption improves.

Can you tell me the consumption difference :nyaah:

• Member For: 15y 2m 30d

My car club fordbastards was invited to a private view the new Taurus SHO tomorrow at the Dallas AutoShow in Dallas, Tx. We are able to bring our cameras and pick the brain of the designer of the car. I'll try to get some pics and post some up. It's supposed to put down 365hp with the V6 EcoBoost engine. I'm going to ask them if they know what they plan on doing for you guys down there, if the SHO is going to be available for the down under folks. I plan on tellin' them they f'ed up not bringing the XR6 to the US.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/11/officia...ord-taurus-sho/

IMG_1446-72-1.jpg

I told him Ford wouldn't be in such bad shape over here if they had brought the XR6 to the US 4 years ago. He said he's just the designer of this car, but he thought I was right. He hopes the SHO fills all the needs of the Australian Ford owners because the SHO is going to be faster than the stock XR6. Here's a couple vids one of my car club buds took while we were checking out the thing.

The designer said Ford is going to a one world car, I know that's not good news for you guys, but he said it may take a while for the SHO to get down there though. :(

Edited by dlfswi

Taurus baulked down here last time they tried it and it will again....ugly as a hat full of assholes comes to mind.

:stickpoke:

I agree didn't do sh*t for me. I'd rather see them bring the XR6 over here. But the SHO isn't FWD it's AWD if that's any consequence. Also he said if we here in the US keep giving Ford our input on how we feel about this thing needing a MTX Ford should and would build one in the near future.

Edited by dlfswi

I drive a tuarus to work every day & it's a sh*theap! New model or not, ford can keep them along with the excessive repair bilss :stickpoke:

Barra straight 6 with a huffer > EcoBoost V6 :biggrin: