Cruise 8th Feb 2009

RHR

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

Turrf to Surf Southern highlands adventure

Welcome to this cruise!

In order for every body to have a good time, a few rules have been implemented. Failure to abide by these rules will ensure you are not invited to future events held by FordXR6Turbo.com.

The reasons for these rules are:

• Safety – We don’t want to put any of our members, and the general public in any danger.

• Public Perception – We do not want the Ford XR6 Turbo community to face the same ridicule and stereotypes other car communities face

The rules are simple:

• Obey all laws whilst on the cruise; this means no speeding, no overtaking over double lines (no matter how safe you think it may be), etc...Any breaches will be reported to the local police.

• Use the Buddy system; always make sure you can see the car behind you. This will give people behind you an indication on where to turn to make sure nobody gets lost.

• CB Radio’s; if you don’t have one, follow the maps or the directions given out. If you do have one, please limit chatter during the twisty parts of the cruise. This will allow the cruise leader to relay information about road conditions, upcoming obstacles, etc. efficiently.

• By attending this cruise you agree not to hold FordXR6Turbo.com, it’s Administrators, Moderators, Cruise Organisers, or Owners responsible/liable for any damage and/or grief sustained (simply; if you stuff up it’s your fault, not ours).

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me on the day.

This cruise applies to Sydney folk and the Meeting Point is in South west Sydney (Narellen)

Details of the cruise

1. Starting Point: Mt Annan (Waterworth Rd) Shell 8.30am Sharp and we will be leaving at 9am Sharp

2. 1st Destination is the Railway Museum Thirlmere for 30mins

3. 2nd Destination is Fitzroy Falls for 45mins

4. 3rd Destination is kangaroo valley Pub for Lunch 90mins here

5. 4th Destination is Albion Park for good bye time

Now this is a fairly long cruise and we should rack up close to 300ks. You can bring the family along as we will be stoping at a Railway Museum, Fitzroy falls and have a nice meal at a top pub in the valley.

Some of the parts are quite twisty so its very important that youy all have a good CB radio. If you dont have one you can pick one up at any good electronics store.

On the day there well be a hand out with Directions, maps and other relevant information in relation to the cruise.

At the meeting point there is a Shell Service station so people can fill up when they arrive.

If you need other fuel you will need to make other arrangements. We will not wait for you if your not back in time for the departure.

The most direct way to get there is Via the Hume Highway

Robbo

So whos coming

Buf-Phoon

Ghiagirl

Ernie

DBOSS

Pube

phantomchic

CJF077

4runner

SDU53R

louiseanddanny

Mark S

bdave351

Turbo6man

Skillpottie

Maybe list

ms700 :spit:(somethin' about bats and balls)

Roosters ???

onboost????

revhead_71 ????

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 24d

Nice one Robbo, looks like a top run.

I'm out can't make it, I off to Top Gear Live that day. Wishing everyone a great day and a safe one too. Enjoy

:spit:

Edited by ANGEL#3

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 10d

Sounds like a good run Rob.

Im actually on holidays down on the north side of Jervis Bay on the 8th. Might try & meet up at Fitzroy Falls if that's ok.

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 4d

put a question mark next to my name,when I get back from QLD car is booked in at ford for oil leaks then off to the panel beaters to repair front and rear bars and tail light.Who knows when I will be driving it again.Cheers Nick