Finished Heights With King Springs Installed.

TCR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2005 BF XR6T a couple of days ago and am keen to lower it a bit. I've read quite a few posts and it seems the common combination of King Springs are KFFL-57SL for the fronts and KFRL-68SSL for the rear.

However, when I look on the King Springs website the recommended combination for the BA/BF XR6 is KFFL-57 for the front and KFRL-68SSL for the rear. Why do most seem to go for the SL on the front instead of the recommended low spring?

I've measured my car as it is and I have a ride height of approximately 365mm on the front and 375mm on the rear (measured from the centre of the rim to underside of guard). Can someone post up the equivelant measurements for the SL & SSL combination or even the recommended set as per the second paragraph?

Thanks, Paul.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members

Hey guys,

Still haven't decided exactly what springs to go with. Would anyone who lives on the Southside of Brisbane or North end of the Gold Coast, who has fitted either KFFL-57 or KFFL-57SL king springs, mind if I dropped around to have a look at the finished ride height?

Cheers, Paul.

• Donating Members

Thanks Senna.

I've spent the best part of my last week of holidays trawling this site for photos and probably seen 100. Unfortunately it's just so hard to tell from a photo what the finished product looks like or exactly what clearances there are.

That's why I'd prefer to see something in person :)

• The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7d

Giday mate.

That spring combo is what I have in my ute.

Personally I'm not 100% happy with the fronts, not quite low enough. They don't seem to match the height of the rears. I could be wrong with a sedan though as utes have leaf springs.

Have a squiz at my pics in the garage to give you an idea.

Depends what your after really. I'm trying to track down the next set lower which is KFFL-57SSL

:badmood:

• The Cleaning Dudes Ute

Not sure of the exact part number, but it was a king spring suited to a BF2.

Probably the KFFL-57 equivalent for bf2 onwards

Apparently bf2's have shorter shocks which is why mine sat literally one inch from the ground.

• Donating Members

Thanks Jman.

The problem is what's not low enough for one person might be too low for another.

I'm happy with the SSL rears just not sure if I should use the recommended KFFL-57 fronts or KFFL-57SL fronts. I'm not keen on lowering it too much which is why I'm concerned the SL springs might be a bit low for me. Then again the recommended springs might not be low enough :spit:

• The Cleaning Dudes Ute

The thing is though mate... Every shops seems to have a different idea on what "Lows", "Super Lows", "Super Super Lows aka Ultra Lows" are. Go buy part numbers. If your SSL rears are anything like how the leafs in mine sit (I would think they are), a KFFL-57 spring wouldn't look right. From the drivers seat it'd seem like your pointing at the sky. - I know because I've had this front set put in/taken out of my ute.

Personally if you want them to match up better I'd go with a KFFL-57SL at least.

Mate I've been through 3 sets of springs for the front of my ute.. I know all the part numbers off by heart lol.

A KFFL-57 is only considered a Kings "Low" spring.

Edited by Jman

• Donating Members

Yeah, from all the posts I've read there does seem to be a little confusion over the whole "low, super low, ultra low" situation, which is why I've always referred to part numbers.

I'm aware that the recommended "low" set for my car is the KFFL-57 & KFRL-68SSL, which is will supposedly give me a ride height of 350mm both front and rear (measured from centre of wheel to underside of guard). 350mm will work well for the rear but I'm not sure if it will look strange on the front. The other concern is whether or not the KFFL-57SL springs will be too low given that they are suppose to give you a ride height of 335mm.

At the end of the day I'd be pretty happy with a ride height similar to the standard F6 Typhoons, given that I plan to run 19" wheels.