N/a Mods And Power Figures?

Vebbers

• Member For: 15y 6m 23d

our young apprentice at work has a xls ute, we added a full di-fillipo system with hpc coated extractors, blue power cold air induction, stage 2 crow cams and a custom tune by c&v performance produced 179rwkw's

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 9m 16d

179rwkws is a bloody good figure for a N/A!! Id imagine than running low 14s if not high 13s down the straight and would compete with a stock turbo and skylines.

Well done guys..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 24d

"Under drive pulley systems increase engine horsepower by reducing the amount of power required to drive external engine accessories. For example, the alternator, power steering, water pump and air-conditioning compressor rob horsepower from the engine. By replacing factory-sized crank and accessory drive pulleys with a resized pulley, the accessories are slowed, resulting in more horsepower available to the drive wheels. Typically, a set of pulleys from B.P.T. will increase power by 9 - 11kW's, and increase mileage. All pulleys are manufactured from Billet steel and aluminum, exceeding factory quality. All pulleys sets are fully neutral balanced at the factory."

My BFII is getting tuned on the 4th feb :)

After I put in the CAI it was running about 2-3L/100km more efficient... but after I added cat/flash/extractors on the same day it's gone from 9L/100km driving around town to 13-14... so it's definitely in need of the custom tune to fix that up.

It does sound insane though, I should have added the cams to make it a bit crazier but I'm stopping my spending after FPV 19's and MAYBE an xr8 bonnet to even out the wing :P

• Member For: 15y 6m 24d

From what I understand it stays the same, it just takes less effort from the engine to turn the underdrive to the same result.

• Member For: 15y 2m

Hey all

Currently driving a 05 MKII XR6 BA - you can see me around the Albany Creek, Aspley, Brendale and Everton Park areas.

Firstly, I did a 2.5 cat back install, didn't really do anything too overwhelming for performance, made it the car feel lighter though.

Secondly, I put on some Pacemaker 4495's, now these made a sh*tstorm worth of difference, especially in 4th gear after you hit 3000rpm it absolutely takes off and jumps about 15 - 25 kmph almost instantly.

Third was the F6 cold air intake, with the bigger snorkel, lower snorkel and bottom part of the air box. Still running the stocko panel filter though, originally intended on putting a K&N pod in but it didn't fit and would have been too much work for what it was worth.

I'm now looking for my next mod, considering the XR6 turbo conversion, or possibly a new underdrive (or if anyone has any better recomendations?)

Haven't dyno'd it and its overdue its service so she's running a little off at the moment, but I can proudly say I've smoked a R33 Skyline GTR and a stock XR6T

I would probably say its around the 195 mark at the engine.