Advice Needed!

smicky

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 11d

Hey all,

Being this time of year, and well previously always lived alone, or the ex's have had BBQ, thinking its time to make a bit of a purchase for myself!!!

:clap:

Any recommendations... Thinking 3 or 4 burner, with one of those side wok burner things!!!

:bye:

Been looking around over the past few days and BBQ Galore, Kmart, Camping stores, outdoor stores, and even HN etc...

Really have no idea!!! :cry:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 6m 21d

One thing I've learnt with BBQ's, they are definitely one of those things where the more it costs, the better it is, longer it lasts etc, etc..... look to spend around $2k for a decent one...

• Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 8d

all I could recommend is buying from someone that just sells BBQ's. try to avoid the HN's/Kmarts etc (god help you if you buy a barbie from Kmart!!) stick to the experts smicko!

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 12d

I'm quite sure,you should get the one that has the tray for volcanic rock .Make sure you ask them to show you it and fit it,they all say they take them but they don't.That way you get some smoke into your meat.Ring me when you get it I'm coming over .Cheers Nick

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 25d

I went to BBQ galore and was going to buy one from here. The guys are very knowledgable but was trying to talk me into a $1000 u beaut stainless steel BBQ saying if you get a cheapo one from Kmart they will rust out and wont last long. Well I went with my gut feeling and bought a $450 one from Kmart and 8 years later its still going strong and no sign of rust, just a dirty hot plate and grill. Its kept outside but under a cover.

• Member For: 19y 6m 19d

I got myself a mad bbq from k-mart, despite the wangs that serve you in there who cares they dont live with you and cook the food do they?

I got a 6 burner with side wok, under-compartment and full hood for $475!!!

the grade of steel is nice and thick, it doesnt flex and bend like most cheap bbq's I reckon it'll last decades.

the only thing I cant stand about new bbq's is the friggin grille plates are atleast 50% or MORE of the whole cooking surface.... bring back the good ol' flat plate. ( I stooged them and swapped a grille plate for anutha flat plate so mines got 2 flats and 1 grille)

• Member For: 15y 8m 1d

I did the same got 2 hot plates only thing I found is that there is not enuf air flo to have all 4 burners going at once. Mine is front Kmart (Jackaroo)and is starting to rust after 3yrs BUT I dont have a cover and it can get weather on it so the paint has started to peel abit.

If I was to do it over again ( and no wife to tel me how much not to spend)I would buy same brand BUT a 6 burner with 2 hot plates 1 grill and at the same time get a cover.

I have never used my wok burner except to put stuf on top of the lid :3gears:

Good luck :stupid:

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 16y 11m

Weber that's the only way to go I'd rather a nice roast than steak any day

there cheap to buy ,put heat beads in light em leave lid off for 20 min ,rthen put on the meat and put the lid on ,then go drink as much as you like you can't kill the meat ,cook meat at 1hr per kg and all is good

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 11d

Cheers all, might be going to take another look around tomorrow night...

:blink:

Any other advise - keep it coming!

btw - NICK, mate once it ended up in my backyard, your more then welcome to head on over... ill make sure its in the 20/20 season and have a bit of a piss up! (that's if we all dont end up going go karting!)