Tangcla's Liberty Gt

tangcla

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 5d
I have had it tuned but it was all tuned for low load and partial throttle, so a dyno sheet (showing full load) won't be indicative. It's basically tuned to give me good daily driveability. Most of my mods are in handling... that's where the fun is :fool:

I don't know him personally, I know of him :)

yeh that's true, dyno sheets never give the full indication of a cars driving characteristics really....

have you driven a Typhoon or XR6T?? how would it compare do u think? lighter and nimbler im guessing? I like the look of the liberty's but im worried it will feel sluggish compared to the mrs's 03 WRX or my Phoon - il be driving it a fair bit so it does matter haha..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 6d

the libs dont feel slow nang, they are a solid car. my old boy has a 3.0rb and it is a dream to drive, even with the na 3.0. the turbo would have a bit more torque making overtaking a little easier I guess. have a blat in one.

the rb makes up for its lack of grunt with perfect gearing.

• Member For: 15y 3m 28d
yeh that's true, dyno sheets never give the full indication of a cars driving characteristics really....
Definitely, a dyno sheet is only good for comparing before/after on a certain car - not across cars. It's nice to brag, but really, I've seen cars with double the power output get thumped by something smaller and weighing less.
have you driven a Typhoon or XR6T?? how would it compare do u think? lighter and nimbler im guessing? I like the look of the liberty's but im worried it will feel sluggish compared to the mrs's 03 WRX or my Phoon - il be driving it a fair bit so it does matter haha..

To be honest I don't know what the specs are of the XR6T or F6, the Liberty is 1500-1600kg and in stock form handles fairly well for a car of its size and weight. It definitely doesn't have the raw push that the XR6T has (comparing it with a stock one which I rode shotgun in on Sunday) but the 2.0T is a very linear turbo engine, it's at full boost (15psi, 1 bar) and you really don't feel the turbo kick at all. I gotta say, the interior of the Liberty is far classier than the XR6T or Typhoon, any day!

Compared to the WRX, the WRX will feel faster and more brutal - the Liberty never feels fast, it is only fast when you look at the speedo.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d

:icon_ford:

I had a 2.0lt GT as well, just before the F6...

Loved that car, and looking at the pics, makes me miss it even more!

the 2.0lt Turbo is a far nicer engine IMO then the newer 2.5lt turbo.... Stock they run at about 13-16psi, mine was dynoed at MTR on a hub and was running at 16psi... without running to look for the dyno sheet, it was at about 170kw at the wheels!

Compared to the XR6t/F6, it is a nicer finish, inside and out - if your looking for more of a classic/classy look, rather then a boy racer or mean look...

AWD was better in the tight cornering v's the F6 even with the Rspec, however a lot of this would have also been the weight difference...

0-100 the F6 is about 1.5 sec quicker stock I think from memory, and fuel isnt much different if you drive both hard about the same! GT required 98 or above, where as you can get away with 95 if u wanted in the 6T's (not that you would)... And on a 60/80kmh rolling - over the 120kmh'ish mark the 6t's would and should kill the GT!

The AWD would get the jump on you, however within about 20 mts you should be pulling the WRX/GT back in, by 50/60kmh'ish you should be ahead and gone gone gone!

Have personally given a few WRX's runs in the F6, and each time they get the jump, but its all over pretty quickly...

Remember we are talking about TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT TYPES OF CARS HERE...

Yes both Turbo, and both have 4 wheels and a steering wheel, seats etc... but they are not 2 like for like cars to compare against each other!

The GT for my just got a little boring (even as a manual) after a awhile, and there was a few issues I just ot sick of trying to get fixed all the time...

But all in all a great little car, just 'not quite' as fun as the F6!

Also a a photo boy myself (you should use Nikon not Canon) :fool: nice pics...

I would have like to see you keep the Suby badge on the front of the grill but, and I personally dont like the sitck on headlight colour coding...

I have 2x Genuine Suby "GT" badges here still if your interested... had an ex pick them up from Suby in Singapore 18 months ago as Suby Australian dont bring them into the country, just before I decided to off load the GT... never got to put them on... figured at the price they are - I would keep them! Let me know if your interested...

Otherwise NICE RIDE DUDE!!!

Shame its in Melb, otherwise I would ask you to drop by and let me take a look!

Edited by smicky

Also a a photo boy myself (you should use Nikon not Canon) :freak: nice pics...
I've had a think about it too... hehe. Nikon have cheaper bodies but they got nothing on Canon L glass! :D
I have 2x Genuine Suby "GT" badges here still if your interested... had an ex pick them up from Suby in Singapore 18 months ago as Suby Australian dont bring them into the country, just before I decided to off load the GT... never got to put them on... figured at the price they are - I would keep them! Let me know if your interested...
Depends, $$?
Otherwise NICE RIDE DUDE!!!

Shame its in Melb, otherwise I would ask you to drop by and let me take a look!

• Member For: 17y 7m 10d

extremely hot looking car there buddy!

I also got a silver MY04 GT.

nothing that spectacular of course, just some polished fr19 simmons, ecutek, dms40's and quantum 19% silver tint.

when the aussie $ recovers ill be getting a whole heap of zerosports stuff for it, including the grill, eyelids and new steering wheel!

haha, funny you should mention the steering wheel. Mine's starting to get worn, but it's still got a fair bit to go until it looks really molested.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...