Cruise Ideas New South Wales

RHR

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 27d

if any one is interested I am in sydney the next few weeks and have my drone. would love to do some aerial footage of your cars etc. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

Is anyone up for a cruise over the Christmas break?

Will have a few days before Xmas and a few between Xmas and new years whilst the missus is working.

Will be around western Sydney or the south coast around then.

• 3 years later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

I was looking at March and when I priced up the Tassie Cruise just to get there (not having done any driving yet) was going to be over a grand just to take the car over on the boat and back (plus have to drive to Geelong now for departure).  So may be not as I am saving up for another overseas holiday later in the year.

However, I'd be keen to do a small long weekend cruise around Eden, Bombala, Candelo if anyone is interested around VIC Labour Day long weekend?  I have a possible route in mind.  I wanted to avoid the Jindabyne area though to try to keep the cruises separate from the Snowy Cruise (and that way keep myself fresh for the Snowy Cruise experience again later in November).  

VIC Labour Day is Monday 13 March.

So proposed schedule could look like:

Sat 11 Mar - Home to Eden and base ourselves from Eden (stay at Half Way Motel Eden for 2 nights total $218 for room 2 nights)

Sun 12 Mar - Circuit Eden - Bombala - Cooma - Candelo - Eden

Mon 13 Mar - drive home.

What do you guys think?  Any interest?  

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Definitely interested :)

Why are you thinking to go up to Cooma from the Steeple Flat area instead of turning back towards Eden from there? (e.g. 3 hr 12 min, 236 km) instead of the extra up+back to/from Cooma (e.g. 4 hr 19 min, 331km) or were you thinking to go out towards Maffra then to Cooma then back towards Eden?

Could also stay somewhere else North of Eden on the 2nd night, perhaps?

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

I was just looking at maps.  I didn't see any interesting routes from Cooma back to east coast and I do recall that road being nice and open ... :drivingalong:  

We could stay at Pambula or Merimbula instead.  I was only thinking from point of view of having to carry our stuff and setting up the 10 hundred plug packs and stuff again :roflmbo:  It's not a big deal about staying at different spots and I am open to that as well.

I am also open to taking a day off on Tuesday and giving us an extra day.

For VICs anyway, if we arent to bothered about driving 2 sections of dirt road (10km and 6km) we could come home via Delegate.  I have driven that in the all wheel drive Telstra car a long time ago and thats a good farrkn road.  The route is Eden - Bombala - Delegate - Orbost

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

I like your route from Eden up to Cooma via Bombala/Maffra and then back down through Steeple Flat/Candelo ... Pretty big day of driving, but would be a good route. No point pushing an extra day into it for a once-off cruise, imho.

I was thinking the Merimbula area for the 2nd night instead of Eden, just for something different.

Can @YLD127 & @El Andrew weigh in on whether they'd think those routes are a good idea?

Obviously us VIC's would go via Bairnsdale/Orbost/Genoa to get to Eden (Princes/Pacific Hwy), but it wouldn't hurt to switch it up a bit on the route back if there's sealed roads as I'm not keen on any dirt roads unless the rest of the parties are OK with a couple of small sections like you described haha.

• Like 1