Camber Kit

Iconic Bionic

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9d

Had a wheel alignment today and was told I need a camber kit to correct a camber problem. Its only slightly out but will cause a little extra tyre wear. Car tends to favour the left side of the road like it needs a wheel alignmnet but the alignment was only 0.5degree out if that helps.

What the hell's a camber kit?

I.B.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 20d

Camber is when your tyres lean in and out, negative being when the top of the tyre is leaning inward (causing the inside to wear). A camber kit comes in two types, the more common is a shim set (for lack of a better word) where you add shims to change the geometry of the suspension. The other is a screw type adjustment which has locking bolts that allow a more finer and quicker adjustment.

A little bit of camber isn't really a bad thing, it will maximise the grip in corners - but you want to make sure the camber adjustment is even on each side

:stupid:

VT/X's are notorious for huge negative camber on the rear once lowered!

Camber kits are definitely worth while as they give you a longer life from your tyres due to even wear :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

You shouldn't need a camber kit then as the stock adjustment will most likely be enough, unless there is something else wrong with the suspension (springs or shocks may be shagged)?

The car will favour the left as most roads are cambered that way and I assume its for water run off or the surveyer has a short left leg!

Get on a big motorway and see if the car pulls to the left as they are normally alot flatter.

Toe and the actual wheel alignment will pull the car one way or the other not camber.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9d

I feel like im constabtly holding the steering wheel to the right to keep it straight. Noticing it of late as im doing longer drives. And its on the freeways as well. only 38K on the clock, shagged suspension already??

I.B.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

If you have to hold it to the right then you will need a wheel alignment. Check your front tyres and see if they are wearing in different spots to each other also.

Does anyone know if the rear is camber adjustable on a sedan? I assume toe is fixed though but not sure if camber is adjusted from the two bolts in the centre at the rear of the diff?

I am getting uneven wear on the rear right inside so too much negative camber!