PHANTMXR6

Aftermarket Oil Filter Adaptor

As the title suggests.

Does anyone know if the oil filter adaptors for oil pressure and temperature that suit the BA/BF engines suit the FG also?

Not sure mate. What oil filter does the FG use?

I just bought a adaptor plate for my BF MKII Turbo (which I found has a different size thread to the BA ones) from Repco, Speco brand, Part#547-53 $40, and is quite good quality compared to others I have seen.

The Thread on the adaptor is M22x1.5mm Pitch. If your FG uses an AL101 filter (Same as the BF) then you should be right. Just make sure though that the shop you buy the filter from will accept it back if it doesnt fit. Probably best to buy a spare oil filter (You will use one eventually) and take it to the shop you intend to buy the sandwich plate from. That way you can matchup the thread and seal area, peice of P.

I've got a brand new oil filter sitting in front of me. It says AFL 101.

Not as easy as just taking the filter in to the shop as I only have a Repco and Auto One store here and they both carry diddly squat.

Edited by PHANTMXR6

As mackie said mate, the BF uses the AFL101 oil filter, so if the FG uses the same - which it does - the BF adapter plate will work

My Bad, my bad, I ment to type AFL101, DOH!!

You know what its like,.. trying to type these fast little reply's before the boss walks in, lol

Is there also a AL101 filter? If there was, I can see how that would have confusha'd you!

I have no idea, but thanks for the clarification.

Also, the Speco unit you advise using says it suits Ford V8, BA on.

You also said the BA was different to the BF.

Does this mean the number you posted earlier is correct for the AFL101 filter or does it suit the BA??

Just a bit confused at the moment and don't want to buy the wrong one.

I have no idea, but thanks for the clarification.

Also, the Speco unit you advise using says it suits Ford V8, BA on.

You also said the BA was different to the BF.

Does this mean the number you posted earlier is correct for the AFL101 filter or does it suit the BA??

Just a bit confused at the moment and don't want to buy the wrong one.

LOL, Hairy muff

The Speco unit I mentioned earlier suits the AFL101 and is good for:

BA V8

BF XR6T

Possibly FG as senna_t mentioned earlier

All the above have a 22mm thread, whereas the BA 6's have a smaller 18mm thread. that's why the BA 6's use a different oil filter.

Hope its all clear as mud now.

Hey guys, just letting everyone know that the Speco brand, Part#547-53 oil filter adaptor is compatible with the FG T engine oil filter.

Mods, you can close this thread now. Thanks.

I've pinned the topic as a sticky, but we'll leave it open as there will no doubt be questions and rather than start a new thread, people can ask them here

What is this said oil filter adaptor used for? Got me confused :P

I ripped my filter of my ba and it had AFL101 on it, which I presume is the same as a Z9 as that's what I put on it and it aint leakin .. lol

Why is the BA different to the BF?

BF uses Z516 filter.

I bought one of these adaptors just last week. they are used for adding things like oil temperature and pressure senders. its basically a plate that fits between your block and your oil filter.

BF uses Z516 filter.

I bought one of these adaptors just last week. they are used for adding things like oil temperature and pressure senders. its basically a plate that fits between your block and your oil filter.

Aaaah... Got ya.

I fitted one of these and the damn thing leaks from the grub screws that block off the unused ports, anyone else have this trouble? guessing I will have to take it off at the next oil change and loctite the grub screws or sumthin to stop the leak!

@JETURBO HI JETURBO, I bought a grex thermostatic sandwich block to rig up an oil cooler and mount the ryco oil filter, problem is the fg xr6t id of the filter housing is 59mm and the id of the o-ring on the sandwich block is 57mm so it will overhang 1mm each side inside the engine filter housing if it is perfectly aligned, I think it's too risky!! Do you know of any other sandwich blocks that fit properly? Maybe mocal? Thanks

So @JETURBO does speco make a thermostatic sandwich block that can run hoses to a oil cooler, preferably 12mm id hoses or equivalent, and does it have a port to run a oil temp guage. These fg Falcons have some oddball size bits on them, its hard to find accessories to fit, greddy and mocal sandwich blocks seals dont fit.

Unsure if they make it all in one but this sandwich plate has the correct sizing for Z516 - AFL 101 oil filters for late BF-FGX to run outlet size to suit temp and pressure sensors for gauges 

finding a Sandwich block with -12 outlet fittings I have not seen ever iirc 

You need derale product.

It has thermostat and the adapters you need.  I will find the part No and post

Part 15782.  This is what I have on BA F6.  But doesnt have temp port.  I have aeroflow one on BF F6. Has temp port but no thermostat.   Part No

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aeroflow-Sandwich-Plate-Universal-LS1-308-304-XR6-Turbo-Ski-Boat-Drag-Race-Car-/400525227572

The way to do both is use the aeroflow plate and this

https://www.amazon.com/Derale-25719-Fluid-Control-Thermostat/dp/B004XOQ0R6