Running Mp3 Player Through Icc

animalxr6t

• Member For: 16y 2m 18d

my six stacker did the eat the cds trick on me a while ago. I want my tunes bak so im looking towards some kind of mp3 connection. I have no clue wat this involves so any help would be appreciated. also will this be possible if my cd player is no good

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 24d
my six stacker did the eat the cds trick on me a while ago. I want my tunes bak so im looking towards some kind of mp3 connection. I have no clue wat this involves so any help would be appreciated. also will this be possible if my cd player is no good

2 options is the ford Aux input kit ... its pretty crap

Better is the ASL logistics kit , grab that your ipod and a 3.5 to 3.5 and your off rocking

the kik come with all the bits u need and instructions :D

• Member For: 19y 2m 13d

There are two types of connection supplied by Ford and by ASL.

The $30 version is simply a jumper cable that connects to another portion of the audio system and provides you with a connection socket suitable for a male headphone jack. It is up to you to supply the cable. This system works well enough; there are however big issues with iPods and other low output devices. Ford and ASL could fit this in a minute or two...

The far better system costs $130 and contains and an active preamp system and comes complete with a male - male headphone cable.

The amplified system has significantly better, and louder sound and far, far less background noise. Ford call this system the iPod connector though it works of course for any audio connection. Again Ford and ASL can fit these systems in a few minutes...

With 2 Gig MP3 players now retailing for around $15, the value of the AUX connection is certain to become more significant. Strongly suggest therefore that you consider getting Ford or ASL to fit the so called iPod connector. (The better preamped system). Then press the AM button until you see the big AUX sign and your away.

Regards,

aa

Edited by aiboart

• Member For: 15y 7m 8d
There are two types of connection supplied by Ford and by ASL.

The $30 version is simply a jumper cable that connects to another portion of the audio system and provides you with a connection socket suitable for a male headphone jack. It is up to you to supply the cable. This system works well enough; there are however big issues with iPods and other low output devices. Ford and ASL could fit this in a minute or two...

The far better system costs $130 and contains and an active preamp system and comes complete with a male - male headphone cable.

The amplified system has significantly better, and louder sound and far, far less background noise. Ford call this system the iPod connector though it works of course for any audio connection. Again Ford and ASL can fit these systems in a few minutes...

With 2 Gig MP3 players now retailing for around $15, the value of the AUX connection is certain to become more significant. Strongly suggest therefore that you consider getting Ford or ASL to fit the so called iPod connector. (The better preamped system). Then press the AM button until you see the big AUX sign and your away.

Regards,

aa

We are releasing our own version of the preamp system in the next 2 weeks. This is the top of the line preamp kit and blows away the Ford Pre-amp version. volume is boosted to such a level you would rarely increase it above 10.

Cheers

ASLtech